Sea to Summit Pocket Trowel (for toilet duties)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Sea to summit do some nice stuff! For digging cat holes etc i have a spare MSR snow stake. Think shewie crafted one from the alpkit version.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Lol love my ipood! It's quality!! The little hollow on the handle is great for emergency loo roll lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I spotted this recently on Amazon and decided to buy one. Designed for toilet duties, very robust and a hollow collapsible handle in which to store a lighter and toilet paper.

What a neat idea! It even comes with a bag to carry it in. Excellent value for money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001AOM9B8

Seriously though why pay good money for that when you can buy a folding trowel from poundland, or if you are absolutely into weight saving you can make something out of a plastic bottle? Sea to Summit may make some decent gear, but bargain this is not.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
it looks useful being flat, but at the same time it looks blunt. Anyone for fiskars ?

Edit :

you forgot to mention it was aluminium and 99g.

If you get a cheap steel trowell and cut it down you can get it to weigh about the same.

Last edited:

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
It actually says on the packaging "Aluminium alloy anodized to Rockwell HRC70". Sounds like its more than capable of doing a grand job and it is very light also. A bit more than your average aluminium trowel methinks. :)

N

Nomad

Anodising is a surface treatment - only a very thin layer, barely more than a few microns thick, will be in the hardened state. Damage the surface (not as hard to do as some of the blurb often implies), and you're through to the normal metal underneath.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You can get a hard plastic trowel that weighs 60g or less for under £3...so what advantage does this have being significantly heavier and much more expensive?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Tried several trowels from plastic to metal, either they broke i felt they were to heavy.

Been using the Qiwiz MEGA Dig Titanitum cathole trowel for a while now and if i lost i'd buy another

20140602_025059_zps0wljotdz.jpg

Have even used it as a tent peg on a soggy mountain side.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A titanium pooper scooper? That's the funniest thing I have ever read - thank you - I'll be laughing all night at that one :)

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I use a stainless steel folding trowel with the amusing name: U-Dig-It.

http://www.amazon.com/U-Dig-It-Stai...=UTF8&qid=1401669173&sr=8-1&keywords=u+dig+it

I see a product in the UK that looks much the same:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

- Woodsorrel

yup they're a quid in our English pounds from a proprieter called poundland. But at 7.2 oz (or 200g plus) its a little bit much. Plastic ok, but I reitterate M'lerned council on a cheap steel trowell cut down.

Also bought a Fiskars brush hook, will cut it to a hole digger/chopper and do a show and tell of it, at 300g it seems like a good lightweight tool.

Anyone wants a fiskars plastic trowell I can get em for a couple a quid

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
A titanium pooper scooper? That's the funniest thing I have ever read - thank you - I'll be laughing all night at that one :)

:lmao:

Don't really scoop poop with it, i use it to dig a cat hole then try and aim to get the poop in the hole.
So it's more a titanium trowel than a pooper scooper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE