Tarp wars; Attack of the Monk Clones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:mosquitos::mosquitos: Pretty sure the head net won't cut it Pete :sigh: Beaton's jacket's the way to go if you're really, really doing light but still want to be able to walk around too.
Anything else is suicide in some of those boggy areas :mosquitos: :mosquitos: Pray for sunshine and wind.

atb,
M

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I've got absolutely no idea what either of you are talking about!!! I can't help it if people are inconsiderate where they place there guy lines.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Lovely job. :bigok:

Thanks mate. :)

I've just bought the SMD Serenity net in the classifieds, not sure it'll work in the Trailstar but should work a treat in the DuoMid. That along with Wilmas, Avon SSS and a Beaton jacket I should be good to go, maybe some thin running/liner gloves too.

[video=youtube;FxIJHpD400g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxIJHpD400g[/video]

I've got this one too, but it's going to need some work on the net ..

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelter-accessories/WB108.html

Bring on the midges :)

:mosquitos:
Yeah, thats what I'm planning for the bug net. A pyramid with enough room to sit up and get changed fixed onto a bathtub groundsheet.

Great job there !

My humble MYOG version....
90 g inc guylines

downloadfile-2.jpg

Now that's a nice tarp!

Serious tarp envy. :)

:mosquitos::mosquitos: Pretty sure the head net won't cut it Pete :sigh: Beaton's jacket's the way to go if you're really, really doing light but still want to be able to walk around too.
Anything else is suicide in some of those boggy areas :mosquitos: :mosquitos: Pray for sunshine and wind.

atb,
M
The mosquito smiley did it for me, reminded me of a day in Loch Carron. Beatons jacket on the pack list. :lmao:

I hope that's not me your referring to there mr teepee??? Lol

You did an ok job if I'm honest, I've seen better ;)

LOL!!!

:D
I've a 'Fenland Special' tarp I'm making just for you mate, you should like it better. It's knitted from Potatoes for my favourite fen dweller. :D

I can only echo the above, very nice work.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

Yeah, thats what I'm planning for the bug net. A pyramid with enough room to sit up and get changed fixed onto a bathtub groundsheet.

Now that's a nice tarp!

Serious tarp envy. :)

The mosquito smiley did it for me, reminded me of a day in Loch Carron. Beatons jacket on the pack list. :lmao:

:D
I've a 'Fenland Special' tarp I'm making just for you mate, you should like it better. It's knitted from Potatoes for my favourite fen dweller. :D

Don't make promises you can't keep mate!!!

Oh and I accept nothing less than Albert Bartlett specials from Chatteris :D

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Great work Teepee, Tarp looks great

Are you planning on doing the Cape Wrath Trail as light as possible? It's one on my to do list

My humble MYOG version....
90 g inc guylines

downloadfile-2.jpg

This looks superb! Think it was yours that inspired me to make mine and started me on this MYOG lark :)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Very nice work Pete! That's well impressive. ......... Why is Rich on about running gloves? 😱are we running it ...... I'll get me coat!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great tarps there you have a room full now pete :)
Thanks Pete. :) Yup, more stuff in the kit store. :rolleyes:

Great work Teepee, Tarp looks great

Are you planning on doing the Cape Wrath Trail as light as possible? It's one on my to do list......

Thanks Matt. :) Yep, a lightweight as possible CWT attempt in a few months. Planning on a bivvy + micro tarp. This monk doesn't perform like my others with more panels pulls though in the wind, it's getting modded.

Very nice work Pete! That's well impressive. ......... Why is Rich on about running gloves? are we running it ...... I'll get me coat!

Thanks Andy. :) The running gloves are for stopping blisters from the pogo sticks were gonna use to do the crossing. Didn't you get the memo? :D

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I don't have a pogo stick but can borrow a nice bright orange space hopper ! It would double as a pillow.;-)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I don't have a pogo stick but can borrow a nice bright orange space hopper ! It would double as a pillow.;-)

Genius! Double use. I wonder if I could fill one with a good malt and roll it to the cape....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE