Borah gear side Bivy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi folks.

I looking to purchase the above but wonder if anyone has one and can tell me how generous the sizing is- I want to use it year round with Exped mats- downmat and synmat.

The website says to contact them if your over 220lb (I'm about 240lb at the moment , aiming for 220lb but nae likely to get much lower than that!) but I've not had a response from them as yet.

Anyone who has one is love to hear your views.

Cheers

KP

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
I've got one, mine's a custom size, half way between a normal and a large.

I use a synmat most of the time now and it fits fine, even with my winter bag.

As above just let John know what size you're after and he should be able to sort you out

Blog post here

BCUK thread here

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Oh well. John got back to me so I've ordered one with a few mods- longer zip, slightly wider than the large width, food end tie outs and extra tie out around the knees. Also 3/4 mesh hood instead of full mesh. Also ordered 2 Cuben stuff sacks.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I asked the same questions Kp and John was quite helpful. I'm around 200lbs and asked about using the the bivvy with winter weight sleeping bag and exped down mat for the colder months. He suggested standard wide so if you have modded it I'm sure it will be just fine. I also ordered a tarp. Bit worrying about the frayed edges though. I hope that's the exception rather than the rule. What lead time where you given..?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
DISASTER! Just had a full refund for my order- their website says that PayPal stopped working and whilst trying to resolve the issue, PP deleted their orders so they have no idea who ordered what!

Hopefully they can get the issue sorted soon- for their sakes, I can wait as my Trailstar won't be ready for another 2 months or so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE