Spring North Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Still got to go and have a look at it, might be that we can stay at forest camp and walk round to there for a visit.
At this stage I will stick with forest camp as I know that is good for what we need and is definitely good for camping and hammocks. Don't want to confuse things further! :rolleyes:

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
gaz_miggy said:
when you say your place have you got a wood? or just a big bk yard :p

My place is a 300 acre country park, mixed plantation woodland, grassland and ponds, right on the foot of the west pennine chain, overlooking the cheshire/liverpool bay and mersyside area, on a good day beautiful views of the welsh mountains, especially snowdon, anglesey, the peaks an if you turn around the lakes, bowland and the west pennines. :)
But ive also got 9 others so youv'e got a bit of a choice :D
Mark

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Goose seems to have picked up the ball on this one now, so I am going to offically withdraw from the organising and such, real life commitments are starting to take thier toll on what is supposed to be my free time.

With a bit of luck I should be able to still turn up though.

Mr Strop

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I will book Forest camp, how many for?
So far got,
Me+1 plus possibly a few more
Razorstrop
Gaz Miggy
Graham S
Wayland
Capacious
Scytale+2
Grooveski
Hawsome+1
Hammy

Just need a rough idea for now, for ease of booking. Cost is £2.50 per person per night(may need to amend this in case I have scouters price, won't be much more if any)

It will be last weekend in April 28th till 1st May(bank holiday).

Place is here http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Anybody getting train let me know and we will sort something out, not sure what service is like to Cuddington or Delamere,although they are closer, Warrington(Bank Quay or Central) or Runcorn(East or main) could be a better bet. I will do my best about pick ups but give me Notice so I can make arrangements, and if anyone else is willing to pick up drop me a PM and I will sort things as best I can.

Anything I have missed or if anyone has questions ask away!

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
I can make it for the 30th and 1st of May. If I can get a lift to and from the train station off someone that would be really great :p ... What is the grid ref for the camp site? cos I could probably bring my bike and cycle there from the train station.

Thanks,

Jake.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Rangerman180 said:
My place is a 300 acre country park, mixed plantation woodland, grassland and ponds, right on the foot of the west pennine chain, overlooking the cheshire/liverpool bay and mersyside area, on a good day beautiful views of the welsh mountains, especially snowdon, anglesey, the peaks an if you turn around the lakes, bowland and the west pennines. :)
But ive also got 9 others so youv'e got a bit of a choice :D
Mark

One word: "Wow". Your first name is 'His Lordship' is it? :D

On the topic of attendence: I have a deadline to fullfil mid may so my timing is bad. Would like to have seen any results of the knapping from the last North Meet though. Will resign myself to attending vicariously via the photos you'll all no doubt post on here.

enjoy yourselves. :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
redcollective said:
One word: "Wow". Your first name is 'His Lordship' is it? :D

On the topic of attendence: I have a deadline to fullfil mid may so my timing is bad. Would like to have seen any results of the knapping from the last North Meet though. Will resign myself to attending vicariously via the photos you'll all no doubt post on here.

enjoy yourselves. :)
Nope, his name is "ranger" and I am jealous and want go and visit him soon! :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
It's gotta be the life. :cool:
Meeting Mike Bradey at the last do up here, I haven't seen a person so totaly comfortable in their surroundings for a long time.
And felt like he appreciated the company, doing things as a job is all well and good, but having a bunch of folk around for a laugh and lending a hand has to be a good thing too.

Originally Posted by redcollective
Would like to have seen any results of the knapping from the last North Meet though.
Haven't cracked a rock since. Traded off my boppers thinking "I live in Scotland, I'll find more antler easy". :rolleyes:
Not that I've been fussed, knapping's a long term thing for me, something to pick up here and there and maybe someday it'll all make sense. Been up to other stuff.
I'll bring the makings though and we can take up from where we left off, there's rock that hasn't made it out the car since, easy enough to leave it there for another couple of months :D .
And knapping in company is the way to go. With a bunch of us battering away we'd soon be teaching each other stuff that none of us would have seen on our own. :)

Was peeved not to get down at new year so I'll be fri-sun for sure. My folks may likely appear for a night too.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Goose said:
Nope, his name is "ranger" and I am jealous and want go and visit him soon! :D

Your'e welcome anytime mate, PM me for info and directions whenever you feel like it :)

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
Put me and my son on the list for the spring meet.

Also Rangerman, how are you fixed to give a bit of guidance in respect of id'ing trees fungi? Would be a treat for both me and the lad to try somewhere local and hopefully less nordic than most forests in the northwest. Even delamere is a mass of pine and fir nowadays.

Cheers Folks

I'm quite looking forward to improving at least one skill over the weekend, and catcvh up with you all

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Am I right in thinking that the camp site is the area being pointed to by an arrow in the very central grid? Or is it one of the caravan sites that are shown on the map?

Thanks,

Jake.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
capacious said:
Am I right in thinking that the camp site is the area being pointed to by an arrow in the very central grid? Or is it one of the caravan sites that are shown on the map?

Thanks,

Jake.
It is where the arrow points to alongside whitegate way along kennel lane. Still got to find the full grid reference! :eek:

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Ok, thanks. I will certainly be there on Sunday (I was intending to come for the whole thing, but it's my anniversary on saturday 29th :banghead: . When I said was gona be away the weekend starting 28th you should've seen her face :eek: ... It didn't go down well at all... :p )

Thanks again,

Jake.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Goose said:
It is where the arrow points to alongside whitegate way along kennel lane. Still got to find the full grid reference! :eek:

Oh, and is it in the area with the little lake/pond/puddle?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE