Two man tent suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
I previously had an Aztec Esquina Plus which was a great tent. Unfortunately I allowed the girlfriend to pack it on our recent trip and it ended up catching fire on the exhaust.

The trip was saved by a cheap Argos tent but already that's got pulls on the inner after only being used once.

I'm looking for tent with the following specs:

• 2 man berth
  • Pitch outer and inner together
  • 5000mm HH (at least in the ground sheet)
  • Alloy poles
  • A porch at least 100cm in length (Need to store a fair amount of gear
  • Semi geodesic (I often end up camping on rocky ground so if the sleeping area at least can't support itself there's a problem)
  • Door opens top down not from the bottom upwards
  • 3.75 kg max weight

Budget is £150 max

Seems a lot to ask but the Aztec managed it fine (almost - footwell space was a bit tight for two). Unfortunately they were discontinued a long time ago.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Have a look at the Vango range. Your not going to get much new for £150 for the spec you list IMO. Maybe second hand on the 'bay................

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
Unfortunately the Vango range fail on porch area. Seems Vango don't value it.

There's the Coleman Phad X2 but when camping in Croatia the Bora came, and despite the gale force winds my Aztec barely moved, whilst my friends X2 flapped about like a kite in a hurricane. The outer was also about 4" off the floor making it pretty breezy inside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE