Stainless kettle to FIT the trangia 25

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
OK I wonder if anyone can help? Trangia make a perfectly good ali kettle for this but for the last year i have had a hankering for a stainless one. Searching for an answer online gives a multitude of possibilities. Kettles that fit in the storage position but no mention in the cooking position. I bit the bullet and bought a Tatonka 1litre teapot/kettle. It is just too small in diameter and falls through in the cooking position at the most awkward of moments.
In light of my ignorance on these matters, does anyone know which stainless kettles (if any) safely fit the trangia 25.

Thanks.

Dave.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Trangia kettle for the 25 and 27 is also a pot, the lid size shows that so if its not broke don't try and fix it, the original is a superb bit of design together with the rest of the set. I really can't see why you are even trying to improve upon kit that has shown its worth with so many people over the decades of its production.

millie-mail

Forager
Apr 9, 2011
Oxfordshire
Thanks Rik
I have owned and used my 25 for over 20 years so I am aware of its capabilities and am not trying to fix it. If you read the 1st line of my OP, I explain that it is perfectly good and that my want for stainless is just a hankering. You know, the same reason that people own 15 different axes or 8 rucksacks or,(God forbid) 34 stoves. I am not trying to improve the kit or upset any of the great explorers of the past or indeed alienate the people of Sweden. I just fancied a nice shiny stainless kettle for my nova powered trangia. I know they are out there and I know people have tried them so if you know, then please let me know.

Thanks

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE