New Stove - Wildo Wood Burning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Last edited:

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Nice stove, where did you order it from? Is it secured to the ground somehow, or could it be knocked over?

I want but I mustn't, I really mustn't.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
It was from the good ole eBay. I did not secure it, as it might be moved about from the corner of the garden to shed and patio ...etc time to time. But the stove is longish and heavy, I was able to place a couple of heavy bricks / stones on one end of the stove while burning, it has plenty space to put pans or bowls on the other corner, and it seems secure - does not budge or move about. Also levelling the stove well on the ground seem critical for stability. I used builders spirit level to level it at the new location of the stove - the corner of the shed now.

Good fun & a great item - highly recommended. Since getting this stove, I seem waiting cold weather badly. :D

Last edited:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for the pointer. .5 of a M winging its way to me. Whole lot cheaper than the mil mart extra pieces.:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Looks a good bit of kit that. I also see you are a fellow Star Gazer, same here, also in Scotland !

Good being able to combine the hobbies.

Pete

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My best camping buddy has fitted a steel grate to raise the fire bed about 2 inches which means we can burn smokeless fuel with worrying about the hot coals eating into the base (no problem if you just burn wood). May not seem 'bushcrafty' using smokeless fuel but if your on a trip where wood is scarce/want to conserve resources or on a winter camp, a 20kg bag of smokeless will do you a weekend. Just make sure you set the lumps on a bed of nice glowing embers.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Thank you. Glad to meet the fellow astronomer here. :)
I feel that Bushcraft and Star gazing compliment each other sometimes. If we take scopes to remote dark area over night trying to avoid light pollution in towns, we need to practice some Bushcraft skills. :D

Looks a good bit of kit that. I also see you are a fellow Star Gazer, same here, also in Scotland !

Good being able to combine the hobbies.

Pete

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
The jetex 3 inch flue is too small, sadly. I will use this 3 inch piece on a project stove of mine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE