some advice on my Polish Lavvu!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
the first time i pitched mine up at our Swift valley meet, I thought a mod was needed and cut 6 tree branches and put it up tipi style worked a treat.

Ah yes, the Polish Village Meet: :lmao:

dadspics018-1.jpg

Gorneesh

Aug 15, 2013
Northamptonshire
I used mine for the first time this weekend on a 2 night stay in the woods, love this little thing.
I used the center pole that came with it, but I can see the benefits of using the other methods to give you more space.
The only mods I want to make to mine is to either add a zip or another way to close the doors as I found it a bit of a struggle to do the buttons.

Last edited:

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Like these? link If so, how do you find the tension on the fabric? Is it as good as the vertical pole? I'm a little over 6'2" so found I'd have to sleep curled up to sty dry and it's not overly comfortable as most kip mats are straight - doing away with the central pole would be a big bonus.

I've found I can pitch the tent with the pole in the centre of the inside floor then push the pole quite a bit off centre once pegged out.

IPK is perfect for just over half the floor area, you can cut down to size to save weight or just fold inwards.

Well I have just brought a Black Lavvu ( I do like black kit) and put it up in the garden - as everyone else the wrong way round 1st time Doh!!!!!!!

One small thing - I think my two halves are different sizes as when pegged on the button line there are three eyelets and they extend further out compared to the other side if you see what I mean. It still goes up ok and to be honest I am very impressed on the size and the fact you can sit up in it compared to some of my low mountain tents I use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE