Medicinal Smoke...VIDEO

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Jamie, that must have smelled like the compost heap was on fire :D

Upfront, I don't know bear root, but liquorice root and marshmallow root are used for the same thing in recipes here though. Yarrow, feverfew, coltsfoot, meadowsweet and catnip would round it out.
Ephedra if you have it is a great addition.

Smoke wasn't always seen as a bad thing; but we know now that the long term damage to lungs, etc., isn't really good for us. Unadulterate real tobacco is a herb, while the polluted and corrupted stuff sold for cigarettes is another thing entirely though.

If you find the topic really of interest, look up hearth herbs; everything from Mugworth and the gale to juniper, used to cleanse the air in a home, to kill disease and infestation. Fascinating to learn of :)
Then there are the resins, the aromatics, like colophony (the pine) to cedar wood and the classic balms of antiquity.

When the three wise men gave gifts of myrrh, frankincense and gold to the baby in Bethlehem they were actually giving an incredible medicine chest for his health. The three are all resins, and are used for everything from upset stomach to eye infections, for killing internal parasites to cleansing wounds....and they all cleanse the air of a home or smoke the garments and bedding too.

Good topic; we haven't done smoke for a while :)

cheers,
Toddy

no sir. it was a great smelling mixture.

ALL 3 ingrediants are highly medicinal AND can be made into tinctures, concoctions and infusions that all aid in the relief of the sypmtoms that i currently have.
Bera root "osha" is BIG big medicine.

the mullein has little to no scent. and helps blood circulation in the lungs and propagates better blood flow to the brain.

osha root contains oils, including camphor, saponins, ferulic acid, terpenes, and phytosterols. Because of the range of mechanisms it has, osha root is, arguably, the best American herb for lung and throat problems.

The root contains oils, including camphor, saponins, ferulic acid, terpenes, and phytosterols. Because of the range of mechanisms it has, osha root is, arguably, the best American herb for lung and throat problems.

I just wanted to share my mix and how it treats my symptoms. there is no tars or additives in this mix.

my only argument would be in the northern regions and the primitives that used pine,firs,conifers,birch...as that is the main wood or fuel for there fires in a close quarters, what about all the turpines, resins and chemicals being leeched out of the wood caused by the burn and inhaling them fumes?

i think this mis is pretty sound for now.
im removing the lavender tho as it is not as "tastey" as mint that i added yesterday eve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE