Nissan Patrol?????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BeerHunter

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
England
If you want a surprisingly good test drive go look at a Nissan X Trail. A very capable and capacious soft roader that won't break the bank, will keep you comfortable and that will do about 40mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask what year and engine size X-Trail you are referring to above? I've been considering these as a possibility, and would appreciate the opinions of someone who's driven one (or more).

I know they're not a "proper" 4x4, but they seem to tick a number of boxes I need, especially mpg.

Thanks, and apologies for the thread hi-jack

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have the newest 1.9 diesel manual. My average fuel consumption, right now as I sit in it is 42.4 MPG.

As for proper 4x4 it does every thing I have asked of it getting through floods, towing horse boxes with stuck brakes out of muddy fields, taking hay to my flock, taking a double bed mattress to the dump, 3 kids in the back seats not fighting for lack of space. It will also take the wife in comfort to a nice restaurant for valentines dinner which I wouldn't have done in my Defender.

I will have done 250 miles in it today in complete comfort on maybe half a tank.

Obviously tyres limit off road performance on any car you want to use on road with decent economy.

Really pleased with it.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
No because of the miles I do a petrol isn't cost effective.

I know only the Diesel with manual I chose delivers the performance I wanted. Even the automatic version lacked a good many horses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE