Meet in the Pentlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi. Newbie here.

I'm hoping to arrive on Saturday, late afternoon or early evening, and leaving by Sunday lunch. Just me and a not-very-big rucksack.

Don't cancel!! :D :D

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Hi All.

It looks like there'll just be a few of us about on Saturday with even fewer staying over, which is fine. We can, at least, see if the space is suitable for bigger groups in the summer.

This weekend we hope to get the shave horse set up and running for the summer.

Regards

Rob

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
Really wanted come along to this, but I`m having problems with my motor that just doesn`t want to start,(anyone know about vw t4s )
If i can borrow my sons car I hope to get up in the afternoon, fingers crossed.

Scott

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
So it turned out to be a nice wee meet, with just six of us tagging along. Mamachook and Alan set about the shave horse, JohnC demonstrated his expert fire lighting, bodjit started doing a little carving and the rest mucked in with some gardening jobs. There was a few natives about as well so it was very cosy. The consensus seemed to be that the venue would definitely be suitable for bigger future meets. I think it would be especially good for families.

Anyway, thanks to all who came along. There's still a couple of folk on the hill, we'll get an update from them tomorrow.

Warm regards

Rob

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Thanks Rob , what a wonderful place and I will definitely be back for future meets and hopefully to do a bit of dry stane dyking .
Edinburgh has been in need of somewhere for bushcraft meets and I think this could well be it beneficial to both parties , with a site for us and some helping hands for the centre .

Craig. ......

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Only a couple, I think Craig has more...

6a68cd801afc407cf8db3dda3e76b6dd_zps4bf5ef8d.jpg

On the walk in, past the reservoir...

980e502b5946303b6cfbbfcef6440e80_zps49d86956.jpg

The farm in sight....
(having managed to get lost on a single track!):eek:

65e4286e7b74a64a498616829a438596_zps36b92269.jpg

the deserted fire... This doesnt show the guys round the corner in the garden, or the view, or the rest of the buildings......

thanks for having us there, its a great place..

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Yes john I took a few photos and will try and work out how to upload them from my phone later today .

Craig. .....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE