Bushcraft Instructor vacancy - Oxfordshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Some of the catchment they have as employers can be quite challenging, as an instructor it can be very difficult to deal with. If you have stress issues then it may not be for you.

No experience working for them, but having worked in the same field and having a similar pool of employers I can gather many reasons why people may not want to go back.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
People become unhappy in work/with employers for many reasons (and they with them). From their point of view 'they' are no good etc but from another employee's point of view they are the best company on the planet to work for. One past employee's reasons really can't be indicative of employment conditions with any company...its all a tad subjective.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
it probably does say something but no telling what it says... maybe they wouldnt have him back, maybe it didnt suit him, maybe he has other work, maybe they didnt pay enough..... but i would be interested to know the reasons?

I'm away camping with said friend next weekend, I shall quiz him. I do know that he was asked to go back, and that he's not got other work, so it's neither of those reasons. I'm curious myself now.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Did we get anymore info on this?
I applied for this year in the camp leader role; sent off my cv and application and was sent a 'yes' reply within a few hours. I'm supposed to be going up for the assessment day on Friday, missing out a days work and changed some jobs around next week to catch up. I've pondered about it and have some reservations about the pay, I'm not expecting them to pay the same as tree surgery and college lecturing as currently and having worked previously in outdoor activity centres, the more I think about it, the less enticed I feel! Was using the excuse of 'it's a road trip and chance to bivy out maybe New Forest or something on the road back to Cornwall...
I'm probably not entirely convinced that as an ex-boot neck and we'll travelled/ experienced, that I'd fit into their profiling! I suppose I look at the hours spent travelling and fuel costs could be better served by purchasing a hammock setup or a new pair of chainsaw trousers!!! I'd welcome comments from you wise folks on here... Cheers boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
i didnt go to interview. i seem to be on a mailing list as ive been informed they still need people. i figured that if they were specifically interested in my skills rather than ticking demographic boxes they would be in touch so i left it to fate and the job market. it was too far away to go i decided on the off chance it might lead to something

Lucilou101

Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
Did we get anymore info on this?
I applied for this year in the camp leader role; sent off my cv and application and was sent a 'yes' reply within a few hours. I'm supposed to be going up for the assessment day on Friday, missing out a days work and changed some jobs around next week to catch up. I've pondered about it and have some reservations about the pay, I'm not expecting them to pay the same as tree surgery and college lecturing as currently and having worked previously in outdoor activity centres, the more I think about it, the less enticed I feel! Was using the excuse of 'it's a road trip and chance to bivy out maybe New Forest or something on the road back to Cornwall...
I'm probably not entirely convinced that as an ex-boot neck and we'll travelled/ experienced, that I'd fit into their profiling! I suppose I look at the hours spent travelling and fuel costs could be better served by purchasing a hammock setup or a new pair of chainsaw trousers!!! I'd welcome comments from you wise folks on here... Cheers boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey,
Just wondering if you ended up going at all? If so what was it like?
I applied and am heading up to Oxfordshire this weekend for two days for this Tribe Leader assessment/training! I'm looking to work there over the summer before I go to Uni, but have mixed feelings about the company as it seems a bit too good to be true?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE