G4 backpack build

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
My Gossamer Gear G4 clone, hot off the thread injecting machine.

85 litres.
411g.
Made with 70gsm PU ripstop and 200gsm Oxford Nylon.
Socks in straps for padding.
Sleep pad/sit mat as the pack frame.
Cinch cord and roll top closure

A minimalist pack geared for colder trips. The flared bottom allows more space for down filled gear where it's packed. Squashes to the size of an orange.

Thanks for looking. :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks Steve. :)

The socks work really well as padding, more comfy than foam. Can get a bit whiffy with my used socks though. :yuck:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Tidy job there mate ,,

Twodogs

Thanks mate. :) the paper patterns really helped with this.

Very very nice Peter. Look forward to seeing it in action

Thanks mate. :) Won't be long til it sees some action if that cold is around the corner.

+1 to that.:)
Cheers mate. :)

Well done mate! That's great! :)

Thanks mate. :)

That's a very nice bit of work there, very light for the size............Great stuff!

Cheers Mac. :) These packs designs really shed some weight. Just the hip-belt on my KSF Sabre weighs 5 times the whole pack! :D

Cracking job mate

I could've done with that last week :)

goodjob

Thanks mate. :) You and me both. Even filled, it weighs less than the Sabre empty.
Very smart indeed, Pete, well done :cool:. Can you advise? I have a G4 (from Gossamer), how do I/can I undo the straps and get the horrid plastci out and make them so I stuff them with socks? My Murmur is set up for socks and they're so comfy - hate the damned plastic!

Thanks Elen :) The straps on yours will probably be double sewn, one felled and one top stitch. Id pick these apart a good way with a seam ripper and pull out the foam. This should just leave enough room to stitch the velcro in (20mmx 125mm velcro cut in half lengthways)
I'd just double top stitch the straps up to the velcro (where it's been picked apart) and bartack the ends of the velcro to the straps. Hope this helps.

Cracking job, well done.

Thanks Ozzy. :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks ibeef. :)

I nearly went with Cordura for it but went the slightly lighter weight Oxford. A 300 or 500 Cordura would have made it pretty bomber.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE