A few interesting finds while out walking..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share a couple of things I saw while out walking the dog today. My mum and I decided to take the dog out for a walk earlier while the weather was ok. We decided to have a wander down a local cycle path which I used to cycle down every day to work and back. It has been a few years now so it was interesting to see how it had changed since the last time I was there. We saw hundreds of pretty little snowdrops in bloom and daffodils coming up. I had to resist the temptation to pick this :)

20140302_160407.jpg

Walking along the path a little further and we came across an old bench that I remember sitting on many a time, however what I don't remember is this just next to it...

20140302_151757.jpg

There was nothing to say who had carved it and when, but I think its great :) We didn't notice when I took that photo, but on returning back down the path we noticed another small wood spirit on another tree facing the other way..

20140302_154247.jpg

On our way back we were also fortunate enough to watch a kestrel hunting in the field for about 10 minutes, and a beautiful black swan flying past. And my favourite part of the walk.. seeing my first foal of the year :)

20140302_154947.jpg20140302_155119.jpg

All in all a very enjoyable walk :)

Rachael x

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A walk worth having! I too like the woodspirits, and agree with you that the small one is really something out of the ordinary, very subtle...........
I'm not a fan of cutting or carving anything into/onto standing trees, but those are very nicely done.

Foaling time is great, eh? They'll get a really good start this year as the grass is coming really early, if it stays mild a lot of people will be worried about laminitis, as I reckon the grass will be the richest for some years.............................

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Yes I love seeing foals playing around, its the best time of year :) There are usually quite a few in this herd each year so can't wait for the rest to arrive. I love to go down to the new forest when there are foals around, its a wonderful sight :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I would imagine that who ever carved the faces has buggerd up the tree for good, unless it was dead to start with,

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The tree will be fine, the cambium layer isn't severed all around the tree, trees are very resilient things. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE