Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faultline

Feb 18, 2014
Essex
atudazy7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
Beautiful scenery and animal... What is that, wild ponny roaming bogs and forests? Where is it taken?

Thanks for the comments!

I believe that they are konik ponies, they really are beautiful.
The picture was taken in Kent and the animals are 'semi wild' meaning that they are free to roam in a certain area of the woods, moved around throughout the year. They are looked after by the Kent wildlife trust.
I was actually heading towards where they used to be, when I looked up and there was one standing in front of me.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I had a stroll around Newport Wetlands RSPB reserve last week. I had the dog with me so was restricted to the perimeter loop which is about 4 miles or so. I was exactly half way around before the sky turned this colour...

022714_zpsd333ce27.jpg

It looked great with the sun on the reed beds and dark skies beyond and even better that I got back to the car before the rain started :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks guys - people forget that insects need to drink - that photo is of a plastic chicken waterer that I keep near to the hives - it gets very busy when the sun comes out

Bee Waterer by British Red, on Flickr

The rocks make sure the bees don't fall in and drown :)

On this one you can see the actual drinking process which is nice

Worker Bee Drinking by British Red, on Flickr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE