Reliable folding shovel.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17
I've been looking online until my eyes glazed over for a decent folding shovel. Lots of them look a bit Fisher-Price so I was wondering what experience you've had in this field,so to speak. I've heard that the German ex-military are good but heavy. Any suggestions please?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I have one, like the one linked, which you can have for the postage.

spade1.jpg

Last edited:

cockney greg

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2014
London E17

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cant beat the genuine mod issue one, avoid at all costs the cheap Chinese one, its utter carp.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Notice you state ''reliable'', what do you want to use it for ? does it have to be folding or will short be okay for you. I have had a couple of folding shovels and they were hopeless and both broke on the join where handle meets shovel, this join is where all the leverage takes place and where the shovel will fail and break. After disappointment with unreliable folding shovels i have now got a ''reliable'' shovel, it is non-folding but very short (only 22.5'' full length) it is made for metal detecting and called ''Black Ada'' but is very strong and will tackle anything at all, if you sharpen one edge it can be used as a make-do axe as well, it weighs about a kilo, this is it the short one http://www.blackada.com/shop.php?sec=prod&prod=16

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE