Lightweight sleep mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
On another note, would anyone be able to give me an idea what I should be trying to sell them for on eBay? The neo xlite is brand new never been slept on and the synmat used around 10 times?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
On another note, would anyone be able to give me an idea what I should be trying to sell them for on eBay? The neo xlite is brand new never been slept on and the synmat used around 10 times?

id look to get 75% of retail price on xlite and maybe a little less (66%) on the synmat??????

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Cheers for the input pal!!

I really do like the xtherms, they seem to tick all the boxes, but this is purely going to be a spring and summer ground mat for travelling as light as possible, I am actually intrigued by the multi mat, seems pretty good for the price!!

I don't think there's a lighter full length mat than the Superlite Air. The newer ones are better made than previous models but you do have to be careful with them. That and they are a little prone to slipping around a bit. Inflating them takes a couple of minutes and deflating needs to be done completely otherwise they won't pack down as small.

It's probably a spring/summer mat but like I said I've used it in every month and never been cold. Unless you're sleeping in particularly cold conditions then IMO I've never felt the need to use a thermal insulated mat.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
I've never been cold on mine either, even in snow and icy conditions. But then, I always take reasonable precautions in bad weather (thermals as PJ's, thermal sleeping bag liner, down sleeping bag) so I don't expect to be cold. Its a lot comfier than any self-inflating mat I've ever slept on too!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The only thing I'd be concerned with the Superlite is the 20D fabric they use, you need to be very careful with that kind of fabric weight, probably allowing for a CCF mat too, at least I would for peace of mind.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
Adding a CCF mat negates any benefit of having the Superlite Air in terms of weight lol. You're only sleeping on it, how careful do you need to be?

rb1985

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 26, 2010
newcastle
if weight is your only concern why not use a closed cell foam mat? like the multimat regular at 175g or in x-large at 225g. if you want a smaller pack size check out klymit they have regular sized inflatable mats at the 250-260g mark.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
Because its the combination of low weight, small pack size and comfort that's usually required, not just low weight. CCF's aren't really comfortable and take up a lot of space.

Isn't the reason that Klymit's are so lightweight because they have huge sections cut out? Not really familiar with them I just seem to remember a test in TGO...

The OP now has loads of options to consider at various prices anyway.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE