Honey stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
Do any shops sell the honey stove? Kinda want to try one setting up and see if i like it. Having a battle deciding whether to go folding firebox/bush box xl, honey stove or wild woodgas. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Dunno of any shops but I bought one with my Chrissy money. Haven't actually used it yet but have assembled it and it was easy enough. I liked it because you can configure it in so many ways and it takes little space. You can build it small with 4 sides or bigger with 6 sides. Light a fire in it or put plate in to support a trangia burner or fuel blocks.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
@smojo, this is exactly it i think i like that. I use a trangia burner at the minute but just a windshield and a home made trivet/stand. Like the 4 or 6 side option and that it goes flat. Something just seems to be pulling me to the woodgas.

M4tt_1

Nov 25, 2013
Newark, Notts
I also found the Honey Stove a little tricky to put together in the hexagon config. However after a few uses it now slots in to place no problem.

A great bit of kit in my view and well worth a little perseverance to 'break it in'.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
I was looking at foldable with hinges too. Isn't it like 3 times the weight though? Im not going all lightweight but you know what i mean.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
I really want one but the price puts me off - its essentially a few sheets of steel plate for £43 (with delivery), or £80ish for titanium (with delivery). I got my Woodgas for £18 inc post on eBay brand new so I went with that instead.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
I think this part of it too. Bought a fair bit of kit lately, mostly discounted or cheap but it all adds up. I will use whatever i get alot but dont want to layout then think "i wish i got..." Fold up would probably suit best but still not cheap.

DR2501 what one did you get on ebay?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i managed to score the honey on here second hand a while ago, give it a scrub to clean it up and i was away, love the little thing as i can burn wood or use my trangia, i love the versatility of it.
tbh i'd recommend it to anyone thinking of moving from gas/meths to wood burning as it allows you to learn how to use wood whilst still giving you that backup option.
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE