paracord 'survival' bracelets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
So I'm continuing my year of "always-wanted-to-try-that" with these. Nothing too special I know, but just another of those things I fancied having a go at. It being a ubiquitous item of questionable real-world usefulness aside, they're quite simple to make and give a great effort to satisfaction ratio!

Following advice in another thread on here I ordered some 550 cord from Wild Elk, great value and good quality. I followed an 'instuctable' for a weave called blaze which took a few attempts to get going correctly but once you get it it's easy. I made the 'desert camo' one first which was a little long once complete, but only just, it's still wearable. I then remembered I had some cheapo leather braid which is pretty much the same diameter as paracord so I thought I'd try it with that. I was quite pleased with it! Probably the only useful thing I can do with this braid, it's not much cop for anything else!

I bashed out the blue fleck one today just for fun. Now I can do it I can't help myself! :) haha!

There are other patterns and styles I'd like to try too, but for now here are my efforts:

IMAG3167_zpsee94ca6f.jpg

IMAG3174_zpsd574a19d.jpg

There about 12' of cord in each one.

Jim

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Thanks folks.
For fasteners I just used black 25mm pinch buckles, they look a bit incongruous on the leather one, but on the paracord they look fine.

Jim

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
ooh, man knitting, huge thread over on BB about this, made a few bracelets, key fobs etc mainly cobra or king cobra weave, even made a desert camo collar for me jack russel, and now I,m gunna have make him a lead, thanks to this thread:cool:
atb,
ship

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE