New sewing machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I just picked up my new machine today.
a9atyjyr.jpg

There are sites on the web that will tell you the age of that machine.
The serial number will be in the right hand corner f the base plate, closest to you.
I've been using my mothers machine, and was amazed to find out it had been made in 1895.
She bought it for a tenner, 40 years ago.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
bene8ate.jpg

Look what turned up.
Been practising my basics ready for getting some material sorted for my first project.........Once I decide on one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
Wow Re8eldog, that looks posh! I got an old Janome, think it was about £25. I'm not capable of making clothes or anything fancy, so started by making peg bags (for tents) out of scrap materials. My scout group scrapped a couple of old tents, so I grabbed the old canvas and made bags for Vango tents and a bag to protect a non stick frying pan that we use at camp from getting scratched in transit. Bags are useful and a good way of learning about control (of speed and line), tension, allowing for hems etc. I'm not very good but I enjoy being a bit creative. Good Luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE