military mart service dive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
Had good service from them in the past but lately, had nothing but issues with MM.

First a polish lavvu the missus got me for xmas arrived mouldy, and they still owe her money for items not posted.

Then on my recent order, I bought a parka and then picked a load of cheap bits to make the postage worth while (as you do!) . They were out of stock on the parka. so instead of emailing me and asking what I wanted to do, they sent all the cheap stuff and charged me full postage.

So the £2 shirt and three pairs of boxers I added to bulk out the order cost me £15 including half of that in delivery.

I never would have ordered them on there own. I would have liked the opportunity to cancel the order, pick an alternative coat or buy the coat elsewhere, can't do that as i've spent a chunk on postage now.

Emailed to say this and I was promised a refund for the parka and a bit off the postage, received refund Saturday. no postage refund.

IMO poor service! which could be avoided with just a bit of thought. odd policy not to inform of stock issues before posting?

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have had a similar experiance on 2 occasions, I have if the goods are I stock they are promptly sent, no worries there, but if not they dont ask what I would like to do and take a couple of days to answer emails. I know some will say they phone before ordering but what is the point in them having a stock level shown on the website if it is wrong. I now wont use them unles noone else has what I want.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
I have had a similar experiance on 2 occasions, I have if the goods are I stock they are promptly sent, no worries there, but if not they dont ask what I would like to do and take a couple of days to answer emails. I know some will say they phone before ordering but what is the point in them having a stock level shown on the website if it is wrong. I now wont use them unles noone else has what I want.

shame though, like you say when they are good they are very good and carry some really interesting kit. it'd have to be a desperate situation to order again.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Same issues here last few weeks I'm afraid.

Based an order around a particular bit of kit that I couldn't see elsewhere and added a fair few other items to bulk up the order and make the p&p worthwhile.

Took a week for the stuff to arrive, may be more about Royal Fail than MM to be fair, and find that the main item is out of stock and could take up to 21 days to arrive, despite being shown on the web as in stock, being order acknowledged, delivery confirmed and of course paid for !

To add to the dissapointment, another item was picked incorrectly and they sent me the wrong thing altogether.

Emailed them on a Saturday morning (they are open Saturdays), no reply so emailed again Tuesday morning, no reply, so finally called later that day and waited on the phone while the person downloaded the emails !

They sent the replacement for the incorrect item very promptly and arrived next day, and kindly allowed me to kep the incorrect item (cost £2) which was appreciated, although I did have to suggest it as I was initially asked to return it.

Still waiting for the out of stock item week three and counting.....

Think I'll stick to Endicotts and others in future.

Cheers, Paul

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I ordered 2 x Czech bedrolls and 2 of the bags, the order arived promptly but there was a problem with it the Czech bedrolls didn't contain the inner linen liner and one of the woool blankets didn't have buttons on it to connect it to the nylon outer.

I phoned them up and and they have said that they will send out the liner and replace the wool blanket with one with buttons on plus they said that they will send a returns labe for me to send the wool blanket (one without buttons) back to them.

Although the items that they sent out weren't complete, it could be blamed on an inexperianced picker who did not know what should have been in the order, atleast they have promised to rectify.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I too have had bad service from them. They used to be really good. In one order I had a totally battered beyond belief LK70, Swedish Parka paid for, but not in stock. Czech Army bed roll with a 10 cm rip at foot end and swedish m39 grandad shirt in twiglet size instead of a M59 shirt in XL. and a Swedish M59 wool jacket, I paid an extra £5 for the XL and what turned up was barely a 40" inch chest.

I could not believe they could get one order so wrong. They did sort it all out after a few emails. I hope they do improve as they have decent stock range and I would like to keep using them, but not just at the moment.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
They have some good products but their postage is a joke. They have one cost and that's expensive! Clearly they are profiting from the excess postage as I can guarantee I don't pay as much as that for packing and postage when I send an item via royal mail!

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have used them once, and the goods turned up on time and all fine. Like others have said, maybe I was lucky with the items being in stock.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I called them last week before ordering a sleeping bag. They were helpful and sent it out quickly - too quickly :D now I'm waiting on Royal Mail redelivery...
I'm just hoping the quality of the grade 2 kit is OK...

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I brought a compression sack for an m90 sleeping bag. It arrived with broken clips I told them. There respond was we will send you a postage bag to send it back it never arrived, no appology. Crap service and the first and last time I buy anything from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
I'm only 15 drive from them, me and the lad often go and buy our kit from there but we are fortunate enough that we are able to check it out first and have a rummage through everything.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
My replacement blanket (hopefully with buttons) and the linen liners arrived today.

Although an error was made in the order the fix for it was quick and easy. I think that I will buy stuff from them in the future, just I will follow the advice to ring them first!!!!

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Orderd 2 swedish trangias and one burner was broken phoned them same day offered to replace it and recived day after ! All dependd on who you deal with and how with them just keep on top of it if you really want your stuff !

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
So in summary - good service when they can be arsed - if the order is a little difficult they generally mess it up...

Who else is good to order from?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE