Snow camouflage suit ID

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Hi all

Although we don't often get much of the white stuff down here in Dorset (at the moment just endless rain and flooding) when we are lucky I like to get out and about tracking in an old set of white / green camouflage which I picked up back in the '80's and I believe is German army surplus.

It's getting a bit old and discoloured now and I've been trying to find a suitable replacement. A couple of months back there was a film on called (I think) 'The American' and at the start the main character is ambushed in the snow in Sweden. One of his attackers is wearing the most realistic snow /mixed terrain camo I've ever seen and I'd love to know more about it. Can anyone here help at all?

Failing that, can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement set?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Bob:)

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Not seen the film but Cabelas has a few different snow camo suits. Or you could look at Russian army surplus. The cheap option is a disposable painters/SOCO oversuit

Last edited:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Your current snow camo sounds like the German set, they come up on eBay from time to time. The ponchos in the same pattern are widely available on eBay for about £8.
Realtree make a pattern called realtree AP snow that is very effective and is white with dark branches, might be the one your thinking of.
Arktis make a pattern called tundra which I believe is used by some French Alpine units. It is pretty rare though.

Last edited:

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Thanks guys - some excellent patterns there. The Realtree one looks incredible; it's not the one I saw however but it does look very effective! It might be the one to buy when I've saved enough pennies!

All the best

Bob:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE