Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Any one used Mountain Warehouse in Ipswich.......... looking for boots and want to make sure I get correctly fitting items so need advice, any where else around here I can try too?

I got mine at Action Outdoors. Not cheap, I'll grant you, but the guy who runs it has the correct measuring tool for length and width (which makes a massive difference) and clearly knows his boots as he knew exactly what boots would fit me perfectly right out the gate.

I also strongly recommend wool socks. They make at least as much difference as the right pair of boots do. I haven't had sweaty feet (or even particularly cold feet) since the day I switched to wool socks :)
They're warm when you need warmth, they're cool when you need cool (because they wick moisture away far more efficiently than cotton ever could). Also comfortable, and retain much of their thermal potential even when saturated.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My wife gets a trapped nerve in her shoulder from time to time, she used to see a bloke in Ipswich, but a contact in stow would be great as sadly we go there a bit.

BushDaddy

Jan 5, 2014
Felixstowe
Does anyone here use the ss fire box type cookers? Considering trying to make one at work and if its reproducable then offering them here at a reduced price :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I don't, I have the woodgas stove, the thing that put me off that sort of stove was the fiddly nature of assembly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE