Maxpedition - What do folks use to attach their pouches to MOLLE gear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello all.

I seem to have foolishly bought an item of Maxpedition gear and now realise that I'm now on a slippery slope to buying even more Maxpedition gear.

I have read mixed reviews on Maxpeditions chosen clip/tie system for mounting pouches, there are other systems available, which ones do people prefer? Here are three I have found...

Malice clips

Blackhawk Speed clips

Maxpedition TacTie

Thanks in advance. :)

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
I know the feeling! I have been considering a Maxpedition pouch for my new Leatherman Surge. But my oh my is Maxpedition gear expensive when you consider what it actually is. I will watch this with interest as I have no thoughts on attaching methods.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I don't use MOLLE stuff any more, but when I did I simply used to take a length of 25mm webbing, and stitch a piece across the top to form a T shape; then at the other end, cut the correct length, cut a 45 degree angle, and fold back on itself to form a " barb ", which makes it easy to insert behind the fixed MOLLE loops on whatever you're fixing to, but impossible for it to work loose on its own.

A simple, cheap, lightweight and elegant solution which is very quick and easy to make for yourself. I can't remember where I got the idea but it wasn't mine, I hasten to add!

* After folding the tail end back on itself, stitch in place to hold the barb in shape *

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
The TacTies work well on pouches that're underneath/behind compression strapping (such as on the side of the Falcon-II, Condor-II, or Vulture-II rucksacks) but they sag a bit on heavier pouches that aren't being retained by compression straps.

I use the BlackHawk Speed Clips.... because they are rigid, don't sag, and are both easier and quicker to attach and detach.

As to the cost of Maxpedition gear.... aside from the markup for UK import taxes (which are extortionate imho) the price is well worth it for the quality. By far and away the best quality packs and pouches on the market.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I simply used to take a length of 25mm webbing, and stitch a piece across the top to form a T shape; then at the other end, cut the correct length, cut a 45 degree angle, and fold back on itself to form a " barb ", which makes it easy to insert behind the fixed MOLLE loops on whatever you're fixing to, but impossible for it to work loose on its own...."

That sounds like the tactie thing that Maxpedition supply, thanks.

The TacTies work well on pouches that're underneath/behind compression strapping (such as on the side of the Falcon-II, Condor-II, or Vulture-II rucksacks) but they sag a bit on heavier pouches that aren't being retained by compression straps.

I use the BlackHawk Speed Clips.... because they are rigid, don't sag, and are both easier and quicker to attach and detach.

As to the cost of Maxpedition gear.... aside from the markup for UK import taxes (which are extortionate imho) the price is well worth it for the quality. By far and away the best quality packs and pouches on the market.

Good to know, thanks, I'd like a strong attachment so this may be the way for me..

I really like my maxpedition pack. I use US military alice pouch clips. they work great

I have some of these kicking around somwhere, I'll give them a try.

Last edited:

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Have used tac ties and alice clips. The tact ties worked the best, but any of them will do. As much as I don't like the military look of Maxpedition, I can't say enough good things about the quality of their products.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I cut up some PVC pipe, heated it then doubled it over. Tied it off at the bottom with paracord. Not ideal, but it does the job :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE