Where do you want to go?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If this was a time travel/when I was fit list:

Rhodesia (not Zimbabwe hence the inclusion of time travel)
North West Canada/Alaska
Just the two this time.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Time travel, now you are talking (not that silly Dr Who nonsense)

Majorca 1981
Dartmoor 1975
My Permissions anytime

Only one achievable i am afraid.

Ivan...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

North West Canada/Alaska
Just the two this time.

time travel !?!

Snowdonia 1965 when my dad started going, then there was no tourists and it was welsh, no one there at all. Propper wilderness in them days, like scotlant today !

Amazon and morth america before the conquests (I'd have to black up to keep my head) disease raviged it. It was a extremley populated, and a reat culture.

China 4 or 3 thousand years ago. The birth of mankind

only 3 this time.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Time travel, now you are talking (not that silly Dr Who nonsense)

Majorca 1981
Dartmoor 1975
My Permissions anytime

Only one achievable i am afraid.

Ivan...

knokke-Heist sand dunes 1975 :)

Williams Farm Snowdonia 1976 :)

Paris 1978 :)

St Laurent Du Var 1979 :)

Can't go into details, family forum and all that :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

North West Canada/Alaska
Just the two this time.

There are things in Alaska that even we old folks can manage www.travelalaska.com I don't have a link to the Canadian far west, but there're similar things there as well.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Great places have been been listed but I really like islands and would want to visit loads more. Been to Hawaii but to follow the routes of the Polynesian migrations, hopefully in an outrigger canoe is one dream. Closer to home such as the Monach Isles (Eilean Heisgeir ) off the Hebrides once the haunt of the Sea Constables of Hebridean Chiefs. Lundy of course and many more Greek Islands than those we have already been to. Faroes, Iceland and Svalbard with perhaps onward journeys to Newfoundland and Labrador. All of the above in modern or historically authentic kit and vessels if possible.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh no. I'll get around to my desert choices later. I loved the ones I've seen so far.

Must say that as a cold thriving Scot I didn't think I'd like the desert. But I did, and though I regularly melt down in the Scottish summer I survived the heat remarkably well; it being a dry heat as opposed to the humid swelter that wipes me out. Against the rules I went out in a 4x4 on my own - Darwin award awaiting to happen I know.

What amazed me was the sky. I'm used to dark sky living in rural places as I do but WOW! I'd never seen so many points of light, milky clouds of star dust and shooting stars. It seemed almost like a special effect as it was so intense.

Another thing that (perturbed) amazed me was how noisy the desert is at night. As I lay on the roof of the 4x4 (too many tales of camel spiders)!:rolleyes:, the noises of things squeaking, squawking, chittering, scampering and generally killing and crunching each other was astounding. I know sound carries well at night especially in the dry air but I could only imagine what was beyond my circle of light in that immense dark vastness.

I'd go back to the arid places again but I do love being a pale skinned cold tattie so the Northern wildernesses have more of a draw, but the arid climes are worth it for the experience.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im pretty happy at home.

North Rona, again, (Boatman can come with me)
Id like to go out in a curragh, so that means Ireland.
Somewhere that even today is seriously off the beaten track. (N Rona counts)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Britain ... Scotish Highlands & Islands, North Wales, SW Wales, Brecons, North & South downs, Yorkshire moors, Lake District, Peaks - am gradually getting to them but there's always more :)
France ... Brittany, Pyrenees - not been to either for too many years
Arizona desert, especially around Tucson because of one of my favourite books
Boreal Forest (east and/or west)
New Zealand (south island)
Australia (wild bits, not cities)
And Space ... :D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...What amazed me was the sky. I'm used to dark sky living in rural places as I do but WOW! I'd never seen so many points of light, milky clouds of star dust and shooting stars. It seemed almost like a special effect as it was so intense...."

+1 t this, although I have seen many an impressive night sky in Africa, possibly the best view of the stars I have ever seen was in Turkey.

If space travel is on the table I would want to fly by VY Canis Majoris, the largest known star, if it were to be swapped with our own sun its diameter would swallow all of the inner planets and Jupiter, so quite big really.

At around 4000 light years away I'd either need an unfeasibly fast ship or to be very long lived to get there. :)

Last edited:

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
1. Antarctica, just so ive been to every continent
2. Yukon, would love just to get away from everything for a while, like in the TV show alone in the wild (the first episodes, not the terrible second)
3. Space, just because

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Me next!

1. Greenland, the west and east coasts, during the summer.
2. Faroe islands, I've been to the Orkney's and Shetland, it'd like to round it off with a trip up to the Faroes.
3. Nepal. I'd like to see some really big mountains and I understand it's an interesting place too.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Greenland, the west and east coasts, during the summer..."

One of the really good things about google maps is that when someone mentions a place, the landscape of which you have never really thought about, you can check out some geo-located images and get a feel for what is there.

568107.jpg

Photo taken in Sermersooq, Greenland

:)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
1. China (I coould break this down into sveral individual trips)
2. Japan
3. The Himalayan Mountains

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE