A Lesson about supplier choice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I spent some of my xmas money on a knife, finding that Hennies was out of stock, I google about and found that bronzemoon outdoors were claiming to have it in stock. I typed my info into the site, and through sage pay, watched 2 days later as the money went out my account. Well, it's now gone 2 weeks, and I've heard nothing. I tried phoning them. At first I got put through to a message saying all their operators are busy and I left a message. Now it doesn't even get that far, just registering as engaged.

Googling I find that there are a lot of people out there who have been bitten by this company. I've started the process of getting my money back. Which should be doable.

But, in the mean time I've learned, search on here before ordering from a new (to me anyway) company.

J

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, i presume you mean the London registered address, please confirm.

Regards.

Ivan...

I need precise details, thankyou.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I've found out the hard way in the past that if HH are out of stock, chances are everywhere else is as well, by virtue of the sheer amount of stock HH purchase and hold.

I have also been told that HH supply a lot of the trade as well, hence reinforcing the above.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Is the company still based in Australia although using a .UK web site? Seems to be a lot of unhappy folk regarding them although I can't say I've ever used them.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thankyou, i think your question has been answered, in the interim, the credit card question is a good one. Sorry to stick my oar in, only i have a friend that lives near to that address and is a journalist (not one to be crossed)

So we will leave it there (legally) give me a PM if your goods or refund are not with you within 28 days of order and payment.

I will say no more.

Ivan...

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Well, the knife hasn't turned up from Bronzemoon. Fortunately my bank's disputes department have happily refunded me in full. I've since bought the knife from Heinnie, it arrived in under 24 hours.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE