Spring North Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Thanks Falcon, after all my concerns about the cost of tarps, after having a good look at a tarp over the Wales weekend, i have decided to bite the bullet and have ordered a Magikelly Tatonka tarp, so......as long as its arrived my the time of the Spring meet i'll be OK. IF however it hasn't arrived by then, i will take you up on your kind offer.

Shame you can't be there..could have shared the travel expenses. ;)

Pete

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Major Problem

The Site at Middlewood has been overrun with Scouts on the weekend we are proposing, they have taken precidence over our booking and thats that :(

Am investigating new locations forthwith

Mr Strop

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Two options really, one is going to Rutland Water to meet up with the East Anglia 'crafters or two hope to use a country park I have a connection with........ any preferences?

personally I'd like to meet up with the Southerners :p, but relaise it is a bit of a jaunt ................ majority rules really

Mr Strop

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I'm easy!
I think it is a fair way to travel to Rutland, but we will be meeting up with a bigger group (more knowledge to swap)and this would make up for the extra travel.
Staying local is a lot easier for travel.
I will be happy with either as there are pros and cons for both.
If we travel down, is it worth organising a car(and fuel) share?

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Lurch I see your point, we will keep it relatively local. Leave it with me a few days.

Fenlander........... At some stage this year me and a few others will have a ride down to the road to meet up.

Mr Strop

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Can get Forest Camp at Delamere Forest for the weekend!
There will be scouts on site, but I can get a site away from most, the "gullery" if people know the camp. It is excellent for hammocks and bashas, a lightly wooded area with open spaces for tents too.
There is an archery range on site that we could use as long as someone qualified signs for it, not my thing but if anyone has a qualification let me know what you have and I can make arrangements to use it, at a push I may be able get a mate to visit for an hour or two who is qualified, but it is easier if someone there already holds a qual.
There is a small lake on site, may be able to arrange a play with making rafts, depends on what people want.
There are no ground fires allowed but there are plenty of altar fires that can be used anywhere so cooking on a fire is no problem.There is usually a reasonable woodpile but quality of wood is hit and miss(some is treated).
There are toilets and showers on site, we will be a minute or two walk from them, but will have the best site for our purposes.
Price of the site is £2.50 per person,per night. May be a small charge for rafting kit and use of archery range, if enough people want these I will make proper enquiries.
Obviously with being a scout site reasonable behaviour is expected, no drunkeness etc, which really goes without saying ;)
Any questions about the site, or surrounds, just ask and I will find the answer.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I don't recall seeing anyone fishing there before, it is a very peaty lake, so apart from eels I dont know what is in it. I will get a proper answer next time I speak to the rangers.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Officially no drinking, but it is not usually enforced unless there is a reason to,ie making a tit of yourself!
I think the drinking ban saves arguments with people getting drunk, if peopel are drunk enough to be a problem, they can show the small print that says No drinking, A few beers round the fire is the norm, don't worry! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE