Passaround pattern Bushshirt finished!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Time to declare my Bushshirt finished, need to Lanolise in the Summer and apply a sew on badge when I find the right one.......very enjoyable, many, many thanks to Toddy for making the pattern available.

Irish wool tweed fabric with Cotton drill round the collar, cuffs, pocket openings and hem.

I live in it!

Several people have received patterns, lets see yours!

Paul

Last edited:

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
This is the Amazon seller that I got the Tweed from I, got 3 meters, just in case of a major oops!, the cotton drill I got from a local shoppe, it's fairly common I think....SWMBLT made the first attempt at the Bushshirt from the Cotton Drill, I watched and learned, however it was the first big sewing project she had done, this proved the concept then I made the Tweed one, all my own work, having never used a sewing machine before! I even made the antler buttons with my teusty Dremel, one of those tools I sometimes wonder how I managed without.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00AERLLFM/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Thanks for posting. Very nice job. I have a blanket shirt i made from an Italian blanket and was waning some kind of closure for the neck. You provided a good idea. Thanks

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Actually I just changed the closure as it didn't really work as well as I hoped, it just pulled the closure area out of shape...........this thing is like my Defender, not sure its ever finished!
I have now converted it to a button and flap closure as suggested in the pattern.

Paul

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Fish Fish

Do you really need to? Mine is Large and I took it in 1 1/2 inches each side and its still generous....Im 48 chest 36 waist and disproportionate belly that I wont measure!
The pattern has some instructions for resizing as do the sew along destructions at the top of this page.....

Paul

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
oh yea needs tgo bigger than that! yep i am personally resonsible for the extintion of the humble english steak and kidney pie! lol

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Nicely done Paul :approve:

how easy is it to 'size up' the patterns?
oh yea needs tgo bigger than that! yep i am personally resonsible for the extintion of the humble english steak and kidney pie! lol

Contact Mary? Her comment from the original thread:

>>> I'll size up to a M for those up to maybe 44" chest, and then an L for the next size up to maybe 50", and an X for up to 56".
For those larger or smaller than those sizes, I'll draught out specific patterns once you've filled in a measure sheet for me.

>>><<<

I know I need at least one 67" chest pattern, and that's nowhere near the biggest shirt I've made in the past, so don't be blate about asking if these sizes won't be comfortable on you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE