Aberystwyth turned into a sandbox

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Recent weather makes the "Bit Windy Thread" look pale in conparison. Absolutley amazing with waves breaking 3 feet against the house windows in Aberystwyth. recent global warming threads have a point. Long live global wierding.

For those of you without T.V.s

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25618692

Shows you the power of nature, more people killed again this year, to go with all those last year who got caught in the snow. The climate is getting worse, no doubt.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just been watching this on the news, unbelievable, but more unbelievable are the idiots going out in it, it's not the idiots I feel for as much as the rescue services that are stretched enough having to go rescue said idiots, makes my blood boil, be safe people.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Just been watching this on the news, unbelievable, but more unbelievable are the idiots going out in it, it's not the idiots I feel for as much as the rescue services that are stretched enough having to go rescue said idiots, makes my blood boil, be safe people.

Coastguard was called out where I was working today as some berk got swept away by the sea, there's been loads taking photos at the most dramatic parts which might make good pics but also has the risk of being swept away.

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
As one of the emergency services personnel working in Aber it has looked rather hairy at times.

Were I to be going just for a look I think I would stay on the castle. High, well protected, good view.

We did see a couple of guys grabbed by the sea from the Prom though they managed to cling to a bin and seat before the wave took them all the way in. They then ran so fast we haven't seen them since.

The old public shelter has now collapsed into the hole in the prom as well. I think its going to cost a bit to fix.

My oldest son is living in Alexandra Hall now, on the seafront, and keeps getting evacuated. A lovely sea view from his third floor window too, right up towards Constitution Hill.

There has never been a "normal" day in Aber!
I blame the students!

I couldn't possibly comment :rolleyes: I will say though some idiot decided to go out to the end of a wooden jetty the other day, had to be rescued by the RNLI as he couldn't get back through the waves crashing over it. Just for the sake of a few pictures as well!

As one of the emergency services personnel working in Aber it has looked rather hairy at times.

Were I to be going just for a look I think I would stay on the castle. High, well protected, good view.

We did see a couple of guys grabbed by the sea from the Prom though they managed to cling to a bin and seat before the wave took them all the way in. They then ran so fast we haven't seen them since.

The old public shelter has now collapsed into the hole in the prom as well. I think its going to cost a bit to fix.

My oldest son is living in Alexandra Hall now, on the seafront, and keeps getting evacuated. A lovely sea view from his third floor window too, right up towards Constitution Hill.

I feel sorry for him, I am a 3rd year in private accommodation and am just outside the danger zone, we haven't been evacuated yet.

Don't suppose he's a bushcrafter as well is he? Me and a few friends are planning a camping trip in a few weeks and I'm sure he'd be welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE