Lundhag ranger first impressions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Evening all, thought I'd let folk no how impressed I am with my new lundhags although iv only had them about 9 hours!
My usual foot ware for all but summer are usually hunter wellies which iv had for about 7 years and are still great and for really cold weather have been these
usy3ejy9.jpg

Sold as Canadian arctic boot I think but there far too clumsy for anything more than pottering about so iv been on the lookout for some high leg boots that will cover all my needs except for hot dry weather, ideally wanted lundhags but wasn't sure about the price new!
Lucky for me a very kind gent had a pair like new for a good price (cheers bud)
I try not to choose things by price because when I find something that suits my needs being outdoors a lot it tends to pay for Its self as long as it lasts be it expensive wellies iv had years or my £10 finnish gas mask bag that's been used daily for the past couple of years, buy once buy right or is it buy tight!
Anyway here they are
u7e5aqyg.jpg

There the extra wide version and I must say there the first boots iv had that I can wear two pairs of wool socks and still be able to wiggle my toes and yet they feel nimble like a regular boot, iv put a few miles on them today and loved them, there built solid and also look quite simple and repairable which I like,
Very chuffed and can see why they get such good reports obviously Everyone has different needs from boots and thoughts but I'm sure for me these are gona serv me well for a few years hopefully, very happy :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I no what you mean, for regular walking in general terrain a normal boot would be better for most people, iv always wore wellies for most things as I like to stomp about without worrying about it and I think these are the next best thing but with the added comfort of a boot

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the same ones in black, best boots I've ever bought.

I do get cold toes in them occasionally though, that's with a liner sock and a Woolpower 400 or 600g sock.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Ye il have to wait and see warmth wise, I stopped wearing my bridgedale linner socks last winter as I found they made my feet colder than having wool sock direct to the skin, I found they drew moisture from my feet and felt almost cold to touch, just a thought mate, I find a thin wool sock under a thick wool sock best.
linner socks are good for stopping blisters though!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll try that thanks mate, I bought the boots around the same time as I started using the liners so you might be onto something there.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I love my Lundhags.  I've got a pair of the shorter ones.  They are fantastically comfortable, warm (but not too hot), supportive, pretty water resistant and, most importantly, light in weight when compared with any other hillwalking boot.  But you will need to pay close attention to the join between the rubber and leather when applying the Nikwax or whatever you use to proof your boots to make sure the wet stuff stays out.  Well done on buying a pair; I hope you continue to enjoy them!

Dec 13, 2012
Kristiansand
Ill second that, make sure you wax the seams to death, I use sno seal it works well. Pay attention as previously mentioned to the seam at the bottom but also to the corners where the tongue and upper join. I bought a pair last September when I moved to Norway and have worn them every day during the winter -15/20'c with just thick British army socks and only once got cold feet when stood still ice fishing for several hours, that aside I found them very comfy once broken in (hellish experience involving soaking in water and wearing for 8 hours) and only ever got wet feet once because I never waxed them enough. I was going to write a proper review but never got around to it :p
Enjoy wearing them they will last you years.
Mat

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm using the Lundhags Ladersmorning wax and some LaCrosse rubber cleaner which Sally at Tamarack gave me when I bought the boots.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Thanks for the tips chaps il get the wax out iv got some grangers g wax that I normaly use on leather so hopefully that should work, can't wait to give them a proper test!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE