Help restoring cut throat "straight" razor.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CelticRoots

May 4, 2013
Rednal, Worcestershire
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever restored a straight razor as I have just bought myself a vintage Thiers Issard 69 Frameback.

I have no idea where to start with it, what tools to use etcetera... plentry of enthusiasm to get it looking good as new again though! :)

I was thinking of sending it off to be done by someone professionally but I think it would be too costly.

Anybody any experience with this or wisdom to offer?

$_58.JPG

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD. Regards, Ben.

CelticRoots

May 4, 2013
Rednal, Worcestershire
It's pretty cool isn't it :)

It's one of the first I've seen too. Before last week I'd never seen one at all.

I just happened to stumble on this an thought I'd have a bid. Ended up getting it cheap as chips for a Thiers Issard as I'm led to believe they're pretty high end.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD. Regards, Ben.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
They are pretty good. You're right. :) Good score

If you are planning on actually using it though, and not just as a display piece or curio, make sure your blade refurbishment is done right. I use a straight to shave with, and trust me, few tbings in life are as unpleasant as trying to shave with a poorly prepared straight razor. You'll leave the wife's fluffy white Egyptian cotton towels in a state, thats for sure.

Just something to think about!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE