second forged knife finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a beauty! I just love the shape of the handle, suits the blade perfectly. I'd be very proud indeed if I'd made that, lovely!

VaughnT

Forager
Oct 23, 2013
Lost in South Carolina
An honest critique?

You did a disservice to yourself by going with such a fine finish on the handle while short-changing the blade. I understand wanting that "primitive" or "rustic" look on a knife, and I like that look. But, if you're going to go that route, go the whole way and make the entire piece look a bit worn. Otherwise you are magnifying the defects in the blade by showcasing just how good a job you could have done (displayed wonderfully on the handle).

Personal preference, maybe, but I don't like the look of brass on the steel. Never have much cared for that mix of colors (silver on silver, thank you.)

All that aside, that's one of the best knives I've seen. You've struck a perfect balance between size, shape and functionality. The handle looks to be very comfortable in the hand, and the whole thing appears to be a solid knife. The fit of the guard to the blade just can't get better, and you show a keen eye for design. I wouldn't have a problem shelling out the bucks for a knife like that and, more importantly, I'd be proud to have it on my belt.

Good job, hoss.

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
An honest critique?

You did a disservice to yourself by going with such a fine finish on the handle while short-changing the blade. I understand wanting that "primitive" or "rustic" look on a knife, and I like that look. But, if you're going to go that route, go the whole way and make the entire piece look a bit worn. Otherwise you are magnifying the defects in the blade by showcasing just how good a job you could have done (displayed wonderfully on the handle).

Personal preference, maybe, but I don't like the look of brass on the steel. Never have much cared for that mix of colors (silver on silver, thank you.)

All that aside, that's one of the best knives I've seen. You've struck a perfect balance between size, shape and functionality. The handle looks to be very comfortable in the hand, and the whole thing appears to be a solid knife. The fit of the guard to the blade just can't get better, and you show a keen eye for design. I wouldn't have a problem shelling out the bucks for a knife like that and, more importantly, I'd be proud to have it on my belt.

Good job, hoss.
Brilliant. That's spot on!! I really appreciate your honest opinion. Thank u very much.

And thank u very much everyone else for your kind words

kris

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I like it as it is. Rustic doesn't necessarily mean rough and it doesn't look like you have tried to create a rustic look, it's just turned out that way. If it were mine I'd keep on top of the blade but let the brass tarnish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE