Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I know that issue... but i'll not be thinking about it until late next year :), so I'll get loads of practice.. :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Stu, somewhere I have the details of I guy I meet from Spain who said that if I wanted to bowhunt then let him know and we could do it on his land in Spain. I will try and see if he is still there and what it would take.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The Chinese ones are not bamboo, they look like a pine of sorts. At the mo they are too long and the piles too heavy, got new piles waiting to be put on, might get a chance to do it tomorrow. I hope that they will do until Christmas then I will be building my own.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu, somewhere I have the details of I guy I meet from Spain who said that if I wanted to bowhunt then let him know and we could do it on his land in Spain. I will try and see if he is still there and what it would take.

That sounds good mate :)... looking at European Bowhunting it would need to be a #50 draw bow and the IBEP card and thats it :), Spain sounds good to me :)

saying that Portugal has only needs IBEP... :)

Last edited:
Took a course today with Suffolk Wildlife Trust. I am now officially a 'Barn Owl Monitor' licensed to inspect our community nest boxes all year round & during the barn owl breeding season under SWTs licence!

Can't wait to get my first close encounter!
Thought I'd share with the Suffolk group! Not my pictures yet but hope you enjoy!

abyne3yb.jpg

8evubady.jpg

a7yduhad.jpg

5ude3y4e.jpg

7agu4ene.jpg

When I get more into it I might enquire with our farmer friend about installing a few around his land! They prefer being nested on the fringes of woodland near open countryside, and are a more effective rodent pest control than poisons & traps!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one... Always good to see and hear the Owls... :)

As you know we hear quite a few of them at the woods, I would have no problem in speaking to the about inishative like this and would encouarge them, power to your hand bud. :)

I think he would like to take part, thats if of course ifhe alraedy is not. :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have not paid for the print out yet though, one you do the 8 sets of questions there is another test of 50 questions (80% pass) to be allowed on the practical test, easy enough as they are of the same calibre as the other test.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
So are they the same site? or do you do the units with the 8 sets of questions then its the 50 question test.. or is the 50question test a differnt one?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE