Valid Bushcraft Tool??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Is this, and its like, a valid Bushcraft tool?

And no less than helpful comments about my preferred shade of green please! :twak:

DSC01906.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers

K

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
surely you don't need something that big to hunt Bovine!?!?!?!

- why you could walk up to them and hit them unconsious with the but if you put your mind to it!

btw - I love the shiny green! ;)

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
If an alloy of 20 high rockwell tempered amalgamated metals is a valid bushcraft tool, then why shouldn't a rifle (which, incidentally, was invented CENTURIES before the fire steel) be a valid bushcraft tool?

BTW, nice colour........ :lmao:

(actually, I do like it... :rolleyes: )

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice gun, excelent oll for the job, untill you run out of bullets, then you could use it as a club :)

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I'm just trying to think if there's anything that isn't a valid bushcraft tool. There probably is, but I'm struggling to nail things down. Maybe a bow tie?

So the gun is fine (green or not), if it's used correctly.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The steel they put in those is usually pretty good. I'm betting you could melt that down and make a proper knife of it.
whistle1.gif

Now this here is what ya call a bushcraft gun... ;)

m65.jpg

m64.jpg

m63.jpg

If it was good enough for Calvin Rutstrum, it's good enough for me. :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice bit of kit but could it be repaired in the field using an axe, knife and anything else carried in a pack. I suppose a small element of bushcraft / survival is the ability to sustain a comfortable existence with the tools available to you.

I`d still love to have one but I don`t think my shoulders are built for it.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hoodoo said:
The steel they put in those is usually pretty good. I'm betting you could melt that down and make a proper knife of it.
whistle1.gif

Now this here is what ya call a bushcraft gun... ;)

m65.jpg

m64.jpg

m63.jpg

If it was good enough for Calvin Rutstrum, it's good enough for me. :)

Right, but surely not until you change that blue rope for one of a pleasing green!!! :yelrotflm

Happy hunts!

K

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
As others have said, pretty much anything is a valid bushcraft tool...

However, it seems to me that the definitive bushcraft gun would be a black powder weapon, combined with the knowledge to make the powder (from natural sources) and smelt lead. Not that I know anything much about guns... ;)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
KLENCHBLAIZE said:
Right, but surely not until you change that blue rope for one of a pleasing green!!! :yelrotflm

Happy hunts!

K

Yes, but that would make it a survival tool, not a bushcraft tool, and we can't have that. :twak: ;)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Very nice Hoodoo.
That's a nice double rifle.
What are the calibres? 22LR and 38/357 ?

I thought about getting an underlever in 45-70 because .410 cases fit as well. Best of both worlds?????

Mark

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Buckshot said:
Very nice Hoodoo.
That's a nice double rifle.
What are the calibres? 22LR and 38/357 ?

I thought about getting an underlever in 45-70 because .410 cases fit as well. Best of both worlds?????

Mark

22 rifle and 410 shotgun. Great for small game.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
:27: be careful how much you talk about firearms on the forum guys, give a thought for those people who access the site from work and educational facility computers whose filter software bans access to any site mentioning firearms on its pages

to many mentions and that’s it, no access at all :confused:

unfortunate I know but until the general public residing within the united kingdom learns to recognise the difference between a tool and a weapon its the way it is.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Because of all the restrictions on firearms in the uk and the difficulty of getting FAC variations I've always fancied an air rifle that looks like an old black powder "squirrel gun".
You know like something Daniel Boone might have carried.

Just a real low tech but high quality underlever springer with old fashioned open sights and nice wooden stock - maybe some brass furniture with the safety operated by the hammer?

Anyone know if anybody makes something like that?

It would come close to my idea of a "woodswalking" gun in these crowded Islands anyway.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE