Suffolk Bushcraft Group Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December - Christmas Meal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Anyone got any thoughts on cooking the stuffing? Usual kitchen method is in a casserole dish in the oven for 1 1/2hrs at 330! I was thinking it goes in the bin with the turkey somehow as I don't think the clay oven will be big enough! Problem is is how do we 'rack' it in the bin!?

Dutch ovens... :)...

I think we have three.. maybe four.. we also have an oil drum oven which we ca use :).. it would be handy if we could get some more Dutch Ovens :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
This is going to be a bit of an experience of cooking a large Xmas meal for 15 to 20 people.. :)... over fire...or with coals.....

Need is the mother of invention... we can work it out, lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We have the main fire, the clay oven, two BBQ's, I also Have two 12" BBQs in the back of my Disco that I use for small fire pits, and of course we have the drum for the turkey:).. I think we will be ok :).

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Looks like its going to be a good one, with lots of experimentations too. Are we still planning on building the dunny that weekend?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Looks like its going to be a good one, with lots of experimentations too. Are we still planning on building the dunny that weekend?

Yeah should be a really good one :),

Colin is bringing the shed, there should be loads of bodys about to do many things, lol, see how things go :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
List of Attending
1. Big Stu - Midday Friday
2. Crosslandkelly - 1200 Friday.
3. SJStuart - Between 12 and 2 on Friday
4. Chris 12.00
5. Seani 12.00ish Friday
6. Chris B (Broomstickize) - Aiming for 3pm Friday.
7. Kevin (amjake) Fri lunchtime
8. Broomstickize - +1
9. Mike Smith
10. Wolfcrafter
11. Jjessup
12. Andor
13. Mrs Andor.
14. Little Andor #1
15. Little Andor #2
16. Karl
17. Vicky, (Mrs Ozzy1977)
18. Paul aka Roman-soldier

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Sorry guys only just realised there was a December thread, just been too busy with work. I will contribute wherever I can and will go through the posts over the weekend and see how I can help although it looks like it's all in hand. I've got lots of camping kit sleep bags thermorests etc if anyone needs them for the kids wives etc. I've got a small Firepit if it's any use. And a few beach bucket bbq's to cook on.

Don't forget my 'WolfAlter'!

I love a cooking challenge! Always pushing the boundaries! Done a Pizza before from scratch including the dough! Sounds easy, but its large and you need the heat coming down on top not just from below to cook the toppings!
Also managed a raised white loaf with yeast, without the use of an oven! The trick with that one was getting a consistent temperature all around the loaf so it cooked evenly without stodge in the middle or top!

I think the tough challenge will be timings! Keeping stuff warm & making sure it's all served hot together! We will need good teamwork, with main cooks, and people on back burners making sure stuff stays warm but not burnt!.. Who's going to be head chief Ramsey chucking swear words around?? Lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE