Any bikers here???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Eurobike week in Austria sounds good will have to look that one up :p been looking for summat a bit different to Faro for a while.

I would not get away with daytona bike week tho . . . lol.

its amazing, mainly orientated around harley bikes, but lots of custom chops etc but the atmosphere is cracking !

Faro is on my list todo also! but dont ever seem to get any chance to go.....

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
streetfighter also :D

IMG_1615_zpsdc26aded.jpg

IMG_1611_zps71c48c39.jpg

IMG_1604_zpsb2cd3816.jpg

IMG_1600_zps5436ae2d.jpg

and also on tour around europe

53e2f08d-e42c-4784-8cfe-b01457fb2a84_zpse4bef054.jpg

3e46e112-944b-479a-9505-f4df9fe284aa_zps943c3990.jpg

P1060682_zps1af28745.jpg

That is so nice! What is it?
I make no apologies for quoting this whole post, the only way this bike could be any more beautiful is if it gets posted twice!

Does anybody belong to any clubs?

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
The name sounds familiar but I have not really been on the new board and gave up with the old one about two years before it all went wrong. Its a sad loss as it was the people that made it worth logging in. I'm not sure we will ever get back to the good old days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Whats the new board fella? has it started up again somewhere but not as good?

OSP is OK tho, just not Suzi based for us Suzi freaks. . . lol.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I like to keep my butt in the saddle nowadays so this does me fine..

e9a637d6-f352-4248-adfb-015eb912aff6_zps947c3b2a.jpg

I can get two 58 pattern Army large packs on it as saddle bags and/or a 100 litre PLCE Bergen on the back seat. That still leaves room for a tank bag, which I've never used. Alternatively I could get the missus on the back but...
th

Joking aside I've talked her into spending Christmas at a camp site although she won't be going on the back of the bike. I wouldn't sit behind me either right enough.
th
I'll post pics of the bike loaded up at Christmas. It can take a lot of kit and rides better with some weight on the back.

Edit: Ignore the yellow lines. Someone must have err..photoshopped the image. Honest.

Last edited:

jellyfinger

Oct 1, 2013
United Kingdom
Whats the new board fella? has it started up again somewhere but not as good?

OSP is OK tho, just not Suzi based for us Suzi freaks. . . lol.

Um I don't have the address on my phone but you should be able to find it with Google or Facebook. I seem to remember 'proboard' being part of the Web address.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
I'm a relativly new biker (March 2013).
It's the best thing in the world!
I was doing alright with it all until my first fall on the 1st of November, now I've lost all my confidence and I'm riding like I'm on a mobility scooter!!!
Anyway, I'm still at it and currently on a little Yamaha YBR 125, I would love to upgrade to a streetfighter. Maybe something in the FZ range...

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm a relativly new biker (March 2013).
It's the best thing in the world!
I was doing alright with it all until my first fall on the 1st of November, now I've lost all my confidence and I'm riding like I'm on a mobility scooter!!!
Anyway, I'm still at it and currently on a little Yamaha YBR 125, I would love to upgrade to a streetfighter. Maybe something in the FZ range...

Give your local school a ring and have a lesson or two if you think it would help your confidence, my local one used to offer refresher courses and cornering clinics.

Being on two wheels is a great place to be :)

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
That is so nice! What is it?
I make no apologies for quoting this whole post, the only way this bike could be any more beautiful is if it gets posted twice!

Does anybody belong to any clubs?

Cheers buddy, it started life as a GSXR sportsbike

1095348666.jpg

But i soon chopped and changed it around.

Renthal MX bars
ABM streetfighter tops yoke
headlight unit
home made paint job
i made the subframe and seat unit myself
loads more stuff done to it, like power commander, gearing has been changed so it wheelies more, brembo brakes etc etc :D

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Only just seen this thread!!!

Carbon fibre bodywork RVF400, CBR600RR rear shock, race rads, Samco hoses, goodridge lines, HRC spec carbs etc etc etc :0)

Track bike VFR400 NC30 with ZX6R B1H front end (50mm upside down forks, better disks, goodridge hoses, radia calipers), GSXR K6 lightened flywheel with custome CNC cover, plus other "stuff" lol I'm quite in to bikes ;0)

Brewers Whoop

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
Somerset
Divvi 900. Old fashioned, slow and not very powerful by modern standards (but still 90bhp so not absolutely slow!), shaft drive, 220 mile tank range, comfy seat for one or two, good weather protection, upright riding position, decent handling if you stay on top of bearing/linkage maintenance, and I can take it to pieces in the dark with my eyes closed. Hugely unfashionable, so can be picked up for less than £1k. Love it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Divvi 900. Old fashioned, slow and not very powerful by modern standards (but still 90bhp so not absolutely slow!), shaft drive, 220 mile tank range, comfy seat for one or two, good weather protection, upright riding position, decent handling if you stay on top of bearing/linkage maintenance, and I can take it to pieces in the dark with my eyes closed. Hugely unfashionable, so can be picked up for less than £1k. Love it.

Great choice! Have one myself. Previous owner fitted a Hagon rear shock, and it handles great - really recommended as a mod. Previous owner was also first owner, and he assures me that front fork seals are the originals (not bad for 41,000 miles!). He'd also fitted a Motad full stainless steel exhaust system, so no problems there either. These mechanicals are legendary for longevity - many ridden well past 100,000 miles, as they are simple and unstressed. Air-cooled, shaft drive, no ABS or other electronic trickery to go wrong. Headlight not very good, but have bought some replacement - high-power- bulbs for headlight to see if that improves it. True - "only" 90bhp, but you'll need a Veyron to beat it away from the traffic lights:) To be honest, I've never seen the point in buying bikes like the Hyabusa that can do 180-200mph; totally unusable performance on the roads, and gearing and engine designed to work best at very high revs. 90% of the power wasted at normal cruising speeds. The Diversion will cruise all day, fully-loaded - at 100+ (on autobahns, obviously...) - what more do you really need?

Have bought a pair of the original large panniers - 40 litres each - still to fit them as I'm a bit leery of drilling holes through bodywork!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Fair comment, you road warrior, you:)

To be fair, the Hyabusa is all about speed, even the name referring to a hawk whose favourite prey was the Blackbird, with the Honda Blackbird previously holding the road-bike record for top speed. Who said the Japanese had no sense of humour! To be honest, I do not have the skill to make use of the Hyabusa's performance, and have no intention of riding any bike at 186mph! And that's ignoring the new rear tyre every 3000 miles, chain maintenance etc. I've ridden the Ducati 998, for example, and whilst it is a lovely bike above 90mph, its a real pig below that. As with the Hyabusa, I can appreciate the engineering excellence that has gone into making it, but can't see the point in buying a bike for the road that can only be fully exploited on the racetrack.

I remember an article in on of the biking mags a while ago, where they surreptitiously put a recorder on a number of Yamaha R1s. Between services, it turned out that - over 95% of the time - the riders were only using 40bhp of the 140-odd BHP available!

However, each to his own, and the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE