Two old knives from the man cave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
These two are actually from a trio that I made years ago. I wanted to take one design and play with doing each of the three slightly different in terms of materials used and blade finish. The third was handled in beautifully striped Macassar Ebony but it got dropped butt first onto concrete and lost a big chip out of the wood so one day I destruction tested it. :D

So anyway, these have been knocking around the man cave for a good while and figure I could move them on. I'm really not after much for them so they're up for £20 each. No sheaths.

The top one is handled in Cocobolo with brass pins.

The bottom one is handled in Fibremascus (like micarta) and stainless pins. The blade has been patinated with mustard and ketchup.

Steel is 1/8" thick saw blade steel and the edges are convex.

Both need some work if you want something pretty but they're a cheap little project to play with.

-------------------------
Cocobolo paypal link:

Fibremascus paypal link:

I can take other payments if you wish - drop me a note and we can discuss. :)

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
I changed the shape a little on mine to make it a bit more bushy, not that there was anything wrong with the shape the way it was, I just fancied a woodlore type thing.
A little bit of filework and a salt and vinegar patina followed
Made a sheath for it.
The dangler with the firesteel is what I call my multi carry system, I have so many different sheathed knives and this little gizmo will allow me to carry any of them as it has a d ring, a single San Brown stud, and a leather loop also closed with a Sam Brown , this covers the 3 main types of sheaths that I make, it stays attached to my belt and I can simply pop on whichever knife, saw or multitool that suits my needs. the firesteel holder is also removable as it is attached by 2 poppers on the rear of the dangler..

Cheers to Stew for selling me this little beauty.

2013-10-30 21.00.14.jpg2013-10-29 15.32.32.jpg2013-10-30 20.59.36.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE