Omg is this a wind up????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It was a wind up, 5.11 made one as an april fools joke.
However, they got such a positive response, they decided to put them into production.
And if you think that's expensive, I would direct your attention to the Utilikilts Survivor.
Pair it up with a MaxP Thermite as a Sporran :D

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
It was a wind up, 5.11 made one as an april fools joke.
However, they got such a positive response, they decided to put them into production.
And if you think that's expensive, I would direct your attention to the Utilikilts Survivor.
Pair it up with a MaxP Thermite as a Sporran :D

CEO of 5.11 Tactical says of the Tactical Duty Kilt "It's time to explain ourselves about the 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt (TDK) announced April 1st, 2012. There's a story behind this one and an outcome we just weren't expecting. About a month ago our lead designer, Cory Nykoluk, came to me with the idea to have some fun on April 1st with a 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt. "We've had a number of requests for kilts, so why not make one?" ... I gave the project a green light ... to make the "TDK" a true 5.11 product supported by a proper launch. Operational security was strict as only about 6 people inside 5.11 knew about this project. In fact, the only reference in meetings and e-mails was to "Project Caber." "...the Tactical Duty Kilt launch was a success, so it seems the April Fool's Day joke is on us!"

Well they did add this to their site.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Exactly. Anyone who isn't in a training bra who uses that term makes me instantly suspicious of them.

Because if you're not a 12 yr old girl why the bloody hell you trying to sound like one?

As for the kilt, love it!

Getting abit off topic. No need to start descending the thread into an insult match

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My fault Mike I posted a silly comment some time back meant in jest - I deleted it some time ago - my apologies

Red

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Used to wear a kilt to work in forestry and on the hill. While nice and refreshing the dreaded midge and long jaggy wet vegetation did point out it's drawbacks however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE