Msr wisper lite international

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

simplefool

Jul 29, 2013
UK
the legs can be a pain to open , really stiff sorta. also the new one the Universal has gas cartridge capability, and newer legs.

I picked up a Universal in a sale on Sunday and have used it twice already, thus far only with the gas attachment. No problems with stiffness in the legs and the 'teeth' on them work very well to grip all but the largest pots that I've tried out. Gas works brilliantly although the flame regulator leads to it being pretty much 'On' or 'Off' without the use of sub-millimetre increments. Not really a problem though, I don't expect to be doing any gourmet cooking with it.There was definitely no need to use the inverter with a full canister, we'll see how it fares as it start to run low on fuel.

I'll be trying out the liquid fuel next week hopefully. All in, it's better than my old Coleman, bar the ability to regulate the flame but see above for how much I care about that attribute...

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I find the most effective way of moderating the output on mine is to run it at a lower pressure, but going from a hard boil to a simmer can only be achieved if you turn the fuel bottle over to let the pressure out of the jet before putting the bottle the right way up and then relighting it before it cools down so much that it needs re priming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
y2a6a3u4.jpg

This is how I simmer foods that need gentle heat.....
Great for soups etc.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I've had a MSR Whisperlite Internationale since 2001, It's a very nice stove that has been very reliable. Have run it mostly on unleaded petrol with a small amount of coleman fuel on occasion.

If you are careful, you can simmer on it, but it does take a fine touch to do so. Be aware that the heat output of the MSR multifuel stoves are intense, I melted through an ali cook set, delaminated a copper bottomed stainless set, and warped a cheap stainless set before admitting that I was going to have to fork out for a decent set of pans, in the end I got the MSR Alpine Cookset to go with the stove. As a system it works very well, the stove fits inside the pot nicely.

Only downside I found with the whisperlite is that it doesn't burn diesel. As such I got a Dragonfly to go with it, useful in base camp for cooking bigger meals alongside the whisperlite, but also allows me to burn diesel when venturing further afield. Downside of the Dragonfly, it's LOUD, like cooking on the exhaust of a fighter jet. But you do have lots of control over the heat output, and it will burn pretty much any liquid fuel...

Thanks

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE