Msr wisper lite international

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
Does anyone have any experience with the msr wisper lite international multi fuel stove,
Looking at getting one but never used one.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah had one for 14 years, great stove

I ran nothing but unleaded through it until about 3 years ago, never had a problem if I gave the fuel pipe a good clean every spring. MSR told me when I bought it that prolonged use of auto petrol would eventually destroy it from the inside out, they mentioned a leak appearing but so far so good. I switched to Coleman fuel and more recently Aspen 4T.

Reliable, good in cold weather and plenty of fuel options.

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Agreed, great stove I've used one loads of times on expeditions overseas even with dirty fuel. The latest Whisperlite Universal takes gas too.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I have the universal and it's unbeatable in my opinion. I've ran it on paraffin, gas and unleaded with no problems. I even bought an adapter so it can be used with them tall cheap gas canisters that fit in them briefcase stoves just in case. I have actually used them more than any other fuel recently as I got tons of it cheap.

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
I've had mine for 13 years and run on unleaded petrol only. Never had a problem (except singeing the hair on the back of my hand every time I light the priming cup).

It does only have 3 heat settings though - boil, raging inferno, and off.....

Fantastic stove in my opinion!

sent from my windswept fell using Tapatalk 4

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I've had mine for 13 years and run on unleaded petrol only. Never had a problem (except singeing the hair on the back of my hand every time I light the priming cup).

It does only have 3 heat settings though - boil, raging inferno, and off.....

Fantastic stove in my opinion!

sent from my windswept fell using Tapatalk 4

Oh yes. Hot, or not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i've had one for 15 odd years and, apart from breaking the plastic pump (my fault, not the design), it has been bomb proof. But yes, it is really only designed for boiling water very fast, there is no fine tune on the flame. Either full-on roaring or off!

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Which pump are you guys using? I'm now using the latest pump and I'm getting half decent flame control. Not a simmer but more gentle boil as a minimum.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Had my whisperlight int for longer then I dare think!! It's been everywhere with me and never let me down it's had its moments where it's been a bugger to get going but that's been my fault no fault of the stove....
Hadn't thought about a new pump but now I think of it this one is getting a bit worn now...mmm slightly more control would be great.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Which pump are you guys using? I'm now using the latest pump and I'm getting half decent flame control. Not a simmer but more gentle boil as a minimum.

I bought a replacement in Chamonix about 4 years ago, I was still using the original all plastic one until I snapped it trying to open the bottle. I still get either on, raging inferno or off :)

simplefool

Jul 29, 2013
UK
This thread couldn't have come along at a better time. I'm looking to replace my now decrepit Coleman Alpine stove (love that thing but it's always been fickle at lower temps). I've been looking at the Whisperlite for ages and this has pretty much made my mind up for me! Thanks!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Mines an old friend....nearly got shut .....glad I haven't, but the pump isn't what it was....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE