New Hobbit Trailer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I think this trailer was just released today. I have to say cant wait to go see this in 3D

[video=youtube;mbOEknbi4gQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOEknbi4gQ[/video]

first time I heard Smaugs voice, but didnt see any pictures of Beorn in it?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I could live without the 3D and all the scenes clearly made to take advantage of it, but I enjoyed the first film and am looking forward to seeing this one, thanks for posting.

I think mrcharly has it, the 'bear' charging out of the forest is probably Beorn and the 'enclosure' they turn and run for will be his house.

Additionally it rather looks like Bard the bowman may be bard the four pronged ballista operator?

:)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
New three minute long trailer for 'The Desolation of Smaug'.

[video=youtube;lfflhfn1W-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfflhfn1W-o[/video]

:)

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
LOTR trilogy have always been my favourite movies. The Hobbit was a bit diffrent, but still up there with the other 3.

I believe this one could top the previous 4, simply for the addition of Evangeline Lilly :naughty:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Having watched the second one we both decided to not bother with any more. We found this one on the poor side of adequate. Padded out to make three films, very low grade CGI and lacklustre acting. LOTR was a great series of films. The Hobbit is very poor-I was frankly bored in the latest.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Having watched the second one we both decided to not bother with any more. We found this one on the poor side of adequate. Padded out to make three films, very low grade CGI and lacklustre acting. LOTR was a great series of films. The Hobbit is very poor-I was frankly bored in the latest.

I will watch the third, however I was disappointed by quite a few things in the second film, lots of padding indeed, too many scenes made for the 3D audiences, an unnecessary romantic plot line and most of all I didn't like their interpretation of Sauron.

I remember not being particularly enthusiastic about The Two Towers either, that all changed with the third film though.

However I did like the dragon (just too much running about with the dwarves in the mountain). :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

thought the same with the first one but got dragged along for the second wont be bothering with the third though

with any luck the directors cut will be just that and they'll squish them into 1 movie - hour and half should do it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE