Bards and singing critique

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I really don't know where else to put this, but I'm curious. I'm trying to learn how to sing, to become a bard of sorts as another hobby.

Some have said I have decent tone and consistency.

Does anyone know of any folk music forums or traditional bard forums in which I could post this?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1k9AaUDKLQE

Thoughts on the sample?

Last edited:

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
One of the often overlooked skills that are essential to the outdoors is the ability to entertain whether it be storytelling, playing an instrument or singing.
I think you will be welcome at any campfire!
I myself am trying to learn the tinwhistle for this reason.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I think you have a pleasant voice. It would be beneficial to learn to play an instrument to go along with it.
I'm trying to learn to play guitar at the moment.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Much appreciated feedback.

I tried to learn to play guitar a while back, but that was for rock music... I'm not so interested in that anymore. I like the idea of learning to play the flute or maybe the keyboard. I'll think about it for a while.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Must've taken guts to post something like this up. Certainly didn't offend the ear. That said it was more akin to speaking than to singing in my mind.

Most important thing is you enjoy doing it. Maybe join a choir?

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Must've taken guts to post something like this up. Certainly didn't offend the ear. That said it was more akin to speaking than to singing in my mind.

Most important thing is you enjoy doing it. Maybe join a choir?

Something with a little bit more of a melody that stresses my abilities, perhaps?

Again, I haven't really been taught to sing. I literally just started recording. Complete amateur.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s09qaDlwxHrO

Last edited:

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
find a local session (what they call jams in the folk world), the best experience for any musician is to play with other muso's. I occasionally go to the odd one round here and they're always really welcoming to newcomers and beginners.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE