The 'Challenge The Person Above You' Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
ah sorry I must of read the thingy wrong
thing that threw me off was monkiboi had just accepted his request, I wasn't going to give him another on top!
im confussed lol

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Stig, I think you need to challenge the last person who has given one but has not received one..I think it might be me although I'm not 100% :)

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
challenge completed on sunday morning.
"I challenge thee, Munkiboi182, to ignore thine tinder bundle with the rays of the holy sun"

used a fresnel lense to get a cramp ball burning during the 5 mins of sunshine we had before the heavens opened.

IMAG0045.jpg

i used some clematis bark and a few shavings off a piece of bamboo from by fire saw set to blow the ember into life
IMAG0048.jpg

i decided to keep it small as i was about to get into the canoe for a 7km trek
IMAG0050_BURST001-MOTION.gif

HHazeldean i'll keep it going by challenging you.

your mission, should you to accept it, is to create and demonstrate a brand (just for the record you don't have to brand a cows' rear end, you can burn it into a piece of scrap wood/leather etc)

this message will self destruct in 3,2,1.......

Last edited:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ahh..Phaestos..!!
So @Phaestos...a simple challenge for thee...make thyself a Hazel walking pole (Stick) using just your knife and demonstrate its use whilst traversing a stretch of river...do you accept the challenge placed at your good feet?? :)

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Greg my good man, I challenge you to make, out of natures boundless resources, an implement with which one could catch a fish and so eat for a day.
Do you accept this challenge?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Husky...I do accept your challenge, although in our country one isn't free to fish the rivers and lakes as in in your fair country so I will buy a fish and demonstrate using the little brook at the bottom of my garden :)

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Husky...I do accept your challenge, although in our country one isn't free to fish the rivers and lakes as in in your fair country so I will buy a fish and demonstrate using the little brook at the bottom of my garden :)
Actually catching a fish is optional but you seem not to be the one to make things easy for yourself. :)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No...if you're going to do a challenge ..well may as well make it a challenge.. :)

Edit:...Sorry not got around to doing this yet but will do within the next few days..!!

Last edited:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Anyone who knows me knows I'm no master craftsman...but I'm pretty sure this will do its job fine..

Quick and crude fish spear made from a Hazel tree in my garden...

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE