Refused a tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't like tattoo's on men, detest them on women but if your into self harm who am I to even try and stop you, purely a personal view;)

If you want a tattoo then go for it. The symbol to me bought images of strange animal/human interaction to mind but I've now looked it up and its harmless enough.

You should be able to mark/scar your body how you feel you need to so find someone prepared to do the work.

Just because some minority group(s) adopt a symbol should not detract from its worth to others. I still fly the Union flag on St.Georges day as I do the Y Ddraig Goch on St.Davids day and my neighbours have no problem with that. Don't let the small minded bigots and groups detract from what for many (which is often the majority) means something.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I always wanted a tattoo, but nowsadays schoolteachers and policeladies have them.

Its not rebellious any more.

I figure the best rebellion of youth I can do...Is remain one.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I don't like tattoo's on men, detest them on women but if your into self harm who am I to even try and stop you, purely a personal view;)

If you want a tattoo then go for it. The symbol to me bought images of strange animal/human interaction to mind but I've now looked it up and its harmless enough.

You should be able to mark/scar your body how you feel you need to so find someone prepared to do the work.

Just because some minority group(s) adopt a symbol should not detract from its worth to others. I still fly the Union flag on St.Georges day as I do the Y Ddraig Goch on St.Davids day and my neighbours have no problem with that. Don't let the small minded bigots and groups detract from what for many (which is often the majority) means something.

You fly the Union Flag instead of the flag of St.George on St.George's Day?

I agree with really not appreciating them on women, talk about despoiling something beautiful just to go along with the crowd nowadays. Everyone and their dog has them now, well perhaps not the dog, you'd get the RSPCA called on you for that. I do wonder what one of the hairless cats would look like tatted up! It would have to have the mean attitude to go with it, "Hey, don't call me Pussy!" Each to their own I suppose but I don't consider the human skin to be a canvas unless it is going to be taken off and hung up, and I'm aflayed that ain't allowed, a bum bum! I do agree Lyndsey's work is quite awesome.

Last edited:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Ah the irony..... And your opinion is rendered meaningless as you decry all lefties in the same manner you are whinging about.

Yours, a lefty.
no not really mate. I'd not have anyone deny you your or your say or opinion ect, most lefties though on the other hand don't extend the same decency to those who do not agree with them. That's lefties you see!

yours, neither a leftie or a rightey, but rather the owner of some left wing views and some right wing views. Let's call it realistic common sencey :lmao:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge

I agree with really not appreciating them on women, talk about despoiling something beautiful just to go along with the crowd nowadays. Everyone and their dog has them now, well perhaps not the dog, you'd get the RSPCA called on you for that. I do wonder what one of the hairless cats would look like tatted up! It would have to have the mean attitude to go with it, "Hey, don't call me Pussy!" Each to their own I suppose but I don't consider the human skin to be a canvas unless it is going to be taken off and hung up, and I'm aflayed that ain't allowed, a bum bum! I do agree Lyndsey's work is quite awesome.
That pretty much sum tattoos up for me too pretty much, each to their own though!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

I agree with really not appreciating them on women, talk about despoiling something beautiful just to go along with the crowd nowadays. Everyone and their dog has them now, well perhaps not the dog, you'd get the RSPCA called on you for that.....

And yet racehorses have their registration number tatooed inside their lip.

And common horsed and cattle still get branded.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
And we put electronic tags in pets... don't mean we should do the same to humans though :)

To be honest Rik, I've thought that organizations such as Medic-Alert (and their client/members like me) might benefit if we could use a microchip instead of a piece of jewelry. The current tags only list your ID number and the medics call Medic-Alert for your allergies and warnings. Jewelry, tags, and ID cards can get lost or become illegible.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Bio-med chips are great in theory, but once put into practice they would be abused. As in companies doing health screens, so no one with families history of bad illness would get the job with health and pension cover. They will hire who is going to cost the company less. Simple buisness decision. I'm against bio chips for sure

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
To be honest Rik, I've thought that organizations such as Medic-Alert (and their client/members like me) might benefit if we could use a microchip instead of a piece of jewelry. The current tags only list your ID number and the medics call Medic-Alert for your allergies and warnings. Jewelry, tags, and ID cards can get lost or become illegible.

There is only so much info you can put on a micro-chip (which is about the size of a long grain of rice) Pets chips only have an ID number in them, all othe info is on paper. Micro-chips can also be damaged by low voltage electricity (as dog & horse thieves know only too well) & then you've lost your data. Removing the old one & having a new one implanted can't be a very pleasant experience either.:(
They can also form a kyste under the skin which may not please everyone.:D

And then we have to ask ourselves......do we want to be micro-chiped robots,?

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
There is only so much info you can put on a micro-chip (which is about the size of a long grain of rice) Pets chips only have an ID number in them, all othe info is on paper.....

Yep. Just like my current metal Medic-Alert tag works now. The medic finds it, calls Medic-Alert, gives them my membership number, and they read him the pertinent info over the phone.

Only with the chip I wouldn't lose it. And instead of finding a metal tag, they'd scan my neck to get the membership number.

The only difference in the two technologies is the way you store and wear your membership number. And the added advantage that with a chip, it would always be in the same standardized place. As it is now the wearer selects from various bits of jewelry such as bracelets, watches, necklaces, etc. and wears them wherever they choose and it's often difficult for 1st responders to find them. Especiallt in a swimming accident wear the wearer may have removed such shiny jewelry so as not to attract predatory fish.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bio-med chips are great in theory, but once put into practice they would be abused. As in companies doing health screens, so no one with families history of bad illness would get the job with health and pension cover. They will hire who is going to cost the company less. Simple buisness decision. I'm against bio chips for sure

And that differs from the current system how? Either your info is secure or it isn't. How you carry your ID number makes no difference in the security of the system.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
And that differs from the current system how? Either your info is secure or it isn't. How you carry your ID number makes no difference in the security of the system.

Bio med chips are no good for first aiders - great for paramedics. But I'd prefer the first skilled person on the scene to know as much info as possible. That's where old school bracelets work really well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE