Refused a tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I'm obviously being stupid here. But what is racist about it?

There isn't. The trouble is that a couple of far-right English nationalist groups have 'adopted' it as their symbol. So now some people associate the design with those groups, rather than its historical origins.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Looks like 2 duck-penguin ceatures trying to give a guy a couple of pecks on the cheek lmao

Looks more a like a black chappie being humped by a couple of dogs to me .......& if symbolically the dogs represent the white man, then that could be interpreted as anglo saxon supremacy.:rolleyes:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Okay, having researched a lot on Celto-Germanic Reconstructionist Polytheism over the years and been a long time member of forums such as Asatrulore, it must be said that there are some seriously negative connotations to what is called Heathenism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytheistic_reconstructionism

This is what the people of Asatrulore subscribe to, and they are known as Heathens. Reconstructionism takes a scholarly view, as opposed to some of the syncretic faiths of today, such as Wicca. On the other hand there is a rising movement of "Odinists". These are the racists, the type of people who butcher Iron Age beliefs. I'm sure you've all seen the skinheads with their Mjolnirs and Swatzikas. That has NOTHING to do with true Reconstructionist Polytheism.

Honestly, I could go on for hours about this but I shan't. All that really needs to be said is that there are a lot of misconceptions about this. Your tattoo artist assumed you to be one of these racists.

Edit: I'm not a Polytheist, but I have researched the subject for a long time.

Last edited:

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
It's just sad that symbols get hijacked, but I'd count the tattooist on the side of good if he's anti-supremacist, if a bit closed minded if he wouldn't listen to the reason for the tattoo.

I know I've friends in Ireland who are very angry over some of the symbols seized on by fascists over there, and fighting hard to prevent them 'owning' them.

I once had a couple of guys giving me a bit of grief in the US over a german football tshirt I had on - it was a St Pauli shirt with the tottenkopf (skul and crossbones) - they though it was a fascist symbol (as in the SS badge), but we were OK when I explained the anti-fascist stance of the club & origins of their use of the symbol. I suppose it's always worth considering what your symbol might say to others.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Okay, having researched a lot on Celto-Germanic Reconstructionist Polytheism over the years and been a long time member of forums such as Asatrulore, it must be said that there are some seriously negative connotations to what is called Heathenism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytheistic_reconstructionism

This is what the people of Asatrulore subscribe to, and they are known as Heathens. Reconstructionism takes a scholarly view, as opposed to some of the syncretic faiths of today, such as Wicca. On the other hand there is a rising movement of "Odinists". These are the racists, the type of people who butcher Iron Age beliefs. I'm sure you've all seen the skinheads with their Mjolnirs and Swatzikas. That has NOTHING to do with true Reconstructionist Polytheism.

Honestly, I could go on for hours about this but I shan't. All that really needs to be said is that there are a lot of misconceptions about this. Your tattoo artist assumed you to be one of these racists.

Edit: I'm not a Polytheist, but I have researched the subject for a long time.

Your a Polytheist, so you worship parrots right? :p

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
It's just sad that symbols get hijacked, but I'd count the tattooist on the side of good if he's anti-supremacist, if a bit closed minded if he wouldn't listen to the reason for the tattoo.

I know I've friends in Ireland who are very angry over some of the symbols seized on by fascists over there, and fighting hard to prevent them 'owning' them.

I once had a couple of guys giving me a bit of grief in the US over a german football tshirt I had on - it was a St Pauli shirt with the tottenkopf (skul and crossbones) - they though it was a fascist symbol (as in the SS badge), but we were OK when I explained the anti-fascist stance of the club & origins of their use of the symbol. I suppose it's always worth considering what your symbol might say to others.

Your lucky they didn't shoot first and ask questions later. You could have shouted "Don't shoot, I'm a pirate" of course! :lmao:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I'm obviously being stupid here. But what is racist about it?
I really couldn't give a rats **** if it is or it ain't myself.Politics is politics and each and all are entitled to there's! I reckon by most of the lefty **** stains opinions I'd wager they'd class myself as a racist, personally I don't but if those types were to put that label on me as is there shrill hysterical closed minded want I'd take that as a badge of honor to quite honest!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I really couldn't give a rats **** if it is or it ain't myself.Politics is politics and each and all are entitled to there's! I reckon by most of the lefty **** stains opinions I'd wager they'd class myself as a racist, personally I don't but if those types were to put that label on me as is there shrill hysterical closed minded want I'd take that as a badge of honor to quite honest!

You missed TAIL and INKY out. :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere

I'm sure being labelled as a racist is the least of your problems.....:rolleyes:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
You missed TAIL and INKY out. :)
by most lefties, and their opinions are worthless and mean nothing to me because of what and who they are BUT I don't begrudge them unlike they themselves do to others!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE