Jade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

WNZer

Has anyone ever tried sharpening a knife with jade? They say that it is harder than steel, I have just a little peice about the size of one of those small "field touch up" stones, its in the form of a Maori pendant. I hear Jade is quite valuable over there, so if there are any rigours you would like me to put it through, let me know??? :)

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Not just inuits. There was a lovely jadeite axe head found on the Somerset levels just downhill from my house. The raw material came from the French alps originally and is evidence of substancial trade routes. T'was a ceremonial or decorative item rather than practical, not due to the negative properties of jade but merely because of its value, beauty and thin blade. Bit off topic though :rolleyes:

W

WNZer

ditchfield said:
Not just inuits. There was a lovely jadeite axe head found on the Somerset levels just downhill from my house. The raw material came from the French alps originally and is evidence of substancial trade routes. T'was a ceremonial or decorative item rather than practical, not due to the negative properties of jade but merely because of its value, beauty and thin blade. Bit off topic though :rolleyes:

Off topic, Ya, but you gave me a good idea, I am going to make it into an arrow head, It would look cooler then steel with the feather fletchings :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE