British military golok machete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Paracord bracelets are the supreme beings way of showing you have too much spare time on your hands...knit a pair of shocks as at least they have a use ;)

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
So tell me more about this 10" golok from India I've been carting around for years now. Its got issue number, date and arrow mark on the blade.
Who made it, where and why bother - (considering they already had the 13" design)? Just curious.
The 13" martindale sounds a real beast, but to be honest for me getting out and about, it has been the very portability of this thing that made it so useful. Any larger and it would have stayed at home as a luxury garden tool to worry the neighbours with.

Apparently made in India. By a company that makes kukris for the Indian army. Imported by Webtex and sold with a poorly fitting bayonet sheath. Quite a few have turned up broken.

But if it works it works! And I agree with you on the size issue.

Cheers, And.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
nope:

Proper Grammar: Learned or Learnt? Which is correct grammar, "Today I learned some grammar" or "Today I learnt some grammar" I've been saying the words so much they
don't even sound or look like real words
any more. Asked by Jimmy H - 5 years ago - Resolved Question: Report Abuse Best Answer Both are correct. It has nothing to do with
bad grammar and is merely a spelling
alternative. "Learnt" has been more or less
abandoned in the US. However you will
find it alive an well in British English! Similarly you will find burnt, spelt and knelt
are also common in the UK. Source(s): Answer by B K - 5 years ago - Asker's Rating: Thanks. Product Photo Lessons — Kick-In video course In studio product photography. www.photigy.com Reading Made Fun For Kids — Make learning fun for your child. And it really works! Free Trial www.ReadingEggs.co.uk Ads http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/
learnt&

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
nope:

Proper Grammar: Learned or Learnt? Which is correct grammar, "Today I learned some grammar" or "Today I learnt some grammar" I've been saying the words so much they
don't even sound or look like real words
any more. Asked by Jimmy H - 5 years ago - Resolved Question: Report Abuse Best Answer Both are correct. It has nothing to do with
bad grammar and is merely a spelling
alternative. "Learnt" has been more or less
abandoned in the US. However you will
find it alive an well in British English! Similarly you will find burnt, spelt and knelt
are also common in the UK. Source(s): Answer by B K - 5 years ago - Asker's Rating: Thanks. Product Photo Lessons — Kick-In video course In studio product photography. www.photigy.com Reading Made Fun For Kids — Make learning fun for your child. And it really works! Free Trial www.ReadingEggs.co.uk Ads http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/
learnt&

Ah yes - everything on the internet is correct and true.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
well I am sorry to off 'end yaw t'here squirr, done like to thing uy urt yaur fellins. Tisnt ruyt thaa. Ay hart feelig apoligee.

Edit.

You were trying to win the pedant award ?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE