Bushcraft six year old style

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
My boy has been looking at my kit with envious eyes for a while now and wanted to come out with me for an "adventure". He also wanted his own kit. I looked at some kids kits on line and was appalled by how naff they were for the money so I made him one of out some stuff I had spare and some pound shop bits and pieces.
20130721_142823_zps59ba1bf7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We have still got to add to it and he has lost his whistle already. A couple of weeks a go we took it out for a day trip just the to of us and went for a walk along the old hills near Malvern.

20130602_153539_zpsde659a5f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He really impressed me with his staying power and we had a great afternoon together. All he talks about was the fact that he made his own noodles with his esbit stove though! His four year old brother wants his own kit now of course.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Now that's classy. Well done mate. Heck some of his kit's better than mine. Good call especially on the Fenna, one can never have enough Fennas and choosing a pink Fenna is even better than a green Fenna. :naughty:

Just my opinion of course, but as a parent :You_Rock_

I promise you the spork is RED, not that George would be that fussed either way.

As for the kit list as far as I can recall it is as follows.

From the pound shop
1, plastic shelter tent
2, stings and bites kit - he can't be trusted with a proper first aid kit yet as he thinks plasters are for decorative purposes at the moment.
3, Swiss Army knife (Boyz toyz version)
4, Compass

From boot sales I picked up
Army rocket pack and yoke (I got two bags and two yokes for £7.00)
A small billy can (from a nest of three bought for £2.50)
Esbit stove (I got two for £2.00)
Army wash bag (£1.00)
Sleeping bag liner £1.50) For him that is a sleeping bag. I see no point in weighing him down with an actual bag and it is for role play as much as anything.
Survival tin (20p)

From ebay
Orange bandana (£1,50)

From Trespass
Paracord (£2.99)

From Go Outdoors
Unicom radio and torch (£5.99 and a waste of money as it barely works for more than a minute at a time)

Online shop

USAF pint water bottle (I think it was something like £6.00 for two of them including delivery)

The little torch and the spork were nicked from my Mrs.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
They're called Fennas. Didn't you get the memo? :cool: :lmao:

Anyway, great kit and a proud looking lad using it AND carrying it too.

True but if I had said Fenna was red and not pink people would think I was referring to the guys complexion in this heat rather than an eating implement.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
True but if I had said Fenna was red and not pink people would think I was referring to the guys complexion in this heat rather than an eating implement.

No, that would be his complexion when he see this thread. :lmao: Deep breaths John, deep breaths. You can have your revenge at the Moot. CrosslandKelly put me up to it, so don't shoot the messenger. :rolleyes:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Well done mate its great to see the little ones out just keep a few tricks back as if he's like mine when he is 10 he will be stomping up in front telling you what to do :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE