Great locations Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
Hi guys looking for some new places to go camping overnight or for a couple days. Im from Dundee anywhere close would be ideal but would be willing to travel a bit.
Would prefer someplace I can hang my hammock. Beside water would be great too. Does anyone know any place ?? let me know please.

Thanks

Billy

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
If you're from Dundee, surely you know good places in the Highlands? You live nearer the Highlands than I do, friend. Cairngorm National Park? Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve? I don't know.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye but it's always nice to hear of other places, I remember the first time I hit Glencoe I was blown away, yet west coast mates were freaked out trying to navigate in the Cairngorms 'cause they had never experienced anything like it - but it was everyday to me.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
still pretty new to it all man. Only ever really camped in Dundee or just out of it. Bar once when I was younger we kayaked on loch lomond and camped overnight as part of a school thing. If only I was able to do that again! Was amazing!

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
Hi mate there is the obviousnes loch lommond there is loch lubnaig, arkaig to name but a few pal not sure what up the way but I'm sure there would be loads

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
There's also a wee loch at the back of loch ken near castle Douglas stunning I spent the day there watching the red kites

is that the small loch next to the caravan camping site ? i think it might be loch carlinwater ?
i camped there many years ago when i was a bairn , i think the fishing was free too ? loads of pike !

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
No mate no whear near it lol it's a wee loch tucked away hard to find but once there [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.ayrshirefishingguide.co.uk/loch-fishing-woodhall.php[/FONT]

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
balmerino. You need to yomp in a fairbit to ensure yourfar enough away from the weekend youths who can ruin it. . You can coast camp along from kingsbarns. Clunie loch north dundee with pike fishing. Woodlands not far from monikie. get an os map look for woodland. Go check it out make sure its not been felled knee high or fc densley planted.

billymitchell90

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Scotland, Dundee
balmerino. You need to yomp in a fairbit to ensure yourfar enough away from the weekend youths who can ruin it. . You can coast camp along from kingsbarns. Clunie loch north dundee with pike fishing. Woodlands not far from monikie. get an os map look for woodland. Go check it out make sure its not been felled knee high or fc densley planted.

where did you park when you went to loch of clunie?

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Get some quality OS maps of areas you're interested in. Aim for the crinkly bits with deciduous woodland, and go exploring.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
where did you park when you went to loch of clunie?

If you drive up there is a large layby where there is a bin and a sign saying no camping or something... it a bit beachy looking.

there are a few other parking spots nearby, its quite popular with pike fisherman and no permit required, and you do find that people camp there hence a shortage of firewood.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Well legend does have it there is a hound monster on the island of clunie, just pay attention for the red eyes at night and keep the fire up...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE