Bow Making: who is coming?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Wayne has asked me to put up a quick thread to see how many people have signed up for the 2 day bow making course that he is running. We need to get an idea of numbers to work out how many staves & bow benches to bring with us.

If you have booked this course on the Bushmoot site then can you add your name below. Thanks.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Tony/Shelly: as per the Eric leather working thread, can you you let Wayne know how many have signed up for the 2 day bow making. Cheers.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Just spoken with Matt.

Only 2 people thus far.

I am surprised as a full bow making course with any of the major schools would well over £200. My usual price is £225 and other schools are more expensive .

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I have been asked what the cost of materials will be on the bow making course.

Materials will be £12.50.

We have 4 booked.

This is going to be the cheapest way to get yourself a bow that will comply with the NFAS Primitive Class.

Be warned Bow Making is addictive.

Places are still available on the Bushmoot site.

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I contacted you the other day Wayne about material costs. I am a certainty, I was just in the process of recruiting my brother in law as well. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any camping dates available post 13th (core days).

'Days available are* 6th August - 8th August '

Do you know if this is just a typo? Otherwise I am good to book assuming I can camp.

Craig

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi Guys.

To those that have booked and we have 4 thus far would anyone object if we started a day earlier?

I am assuming no one is coming just for my bow course. if you cant start early then thats fine.

Two reasons for starting early.

1 it will give us more time to tiller you bows. Less risk of snap.
2 I am due back in Sussex for 0900 on the Friday the 16th to run another Bow making Course.

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
Hi Wayne,

I am brand new to this website and very new to Bushcrafting. My son (13) and I are thinking of coming along to the Bushmoot on the evening of 9th Aug til 13th (we've not booked yet), I noticed that you have a bow making course and wondered if you could give me more details, i.e. the dates of the course and cost involved, equipment required etc. Max and I completed an archery course earlier in the year, it would be great to make our own bows.

Kind Regards,

John

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Jonny the course is running from the 13th -15th. So may not help you to do the full Flat Bow course. Places need to be pre booked via the Bushmoot site.

If you have some your own cutting tools that's great although I will be bringing a fairly large number of sharps for the course. You will learn all the skills necessary to craft your own bow from ash. Make a string and an arrow. Materials cost is £12.50. The course costs £80. If you decide to book on the course I suggest you book one place and share the bow making as it will be a pretty full on course. Long days and physical.

But you should leave with a quality bow you can shoot for years but wood being wood there are no guarantees.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE